May 22 thru 25

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

May 22 thru 25

Post by DaBurglar »

I currently have plans to spend several days in south New Jersey, and I do not mean simply and solely Atlantic City.   I plan to spend at least a day, and possibly a night in and around Cape MAY, but of course my trip will involve stopping in AC when I first arrive in the area, along with spending the final night (may 25) in AC before returning home.South Jersey has a lot of nice, interesting places to visit and spend time. and with the continued difficult economic circumstances that have persisted in this region for the past decade, the cost for enjoying these things has remained very low & reasonable.    Most of all, I have found the state of New Jersey as a WHOLE to be very accessible and easy to enjoy, vis-a-vis my physical disability and mobility issues.    HAving Atlantic City as a type of "base of operations", with all its associated benefits and features, only adds to the overall feasibility and attraction.Anyone else planning on being in (or around) AC & south Jersey next week?????

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Been to Smithville?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

If the weather is nice, a roundtrip on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. Without a car, I think it is pretty cheap. Like a brief mini-cruise

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Been to Smithville?I'm googling it now......if there's anything specific you want to point out, please do so.....

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

If the weather is nice, a roundtrip on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. Without a car, I think it is pretty cheap. Like a brief mini-cruiseThanks, I am definitely giving that a high place on the 2-do / 2-see list.....how long a ride is it approximately?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

1 hour and 15 minutes

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

If you get one of the newer boats, they are pretty nice. Observation decks, a bar etc.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Smithville Inn and the surrounding blocks are a throwback to a bygone era, with lots of antique shops and the like.