Deuces Wild Hold

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Deuces Wild Hold

Post by olds442jetaway »

Bob is right of course. I meant to say I was answering for the paytable I play. If I remember in 16/13 deuces, it is better to go for the wild royal in that scenario than keep the 4 of a kind with 2 wilds.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Bob is right of course. I meant to say I was answering for the paytable I play. If I remember in 16/13 deuces, it is better to go for the wild royal in that scenario than keep the 4 of a kind with 2 wilds.

Only if you have WWJT. The rest of the wild royal holds, four of a kind is better.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Thanks all. As I fully recollect now, the advice was chuck one of two pairs dealt hands. No wonder I was so bewildered! I knew giving away all that EV had to be nuts, unless you're stuck with cruise ship pay tables, as you laid out.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Thanks all. As I fully recollect now, the advice was chuck one of two pairs dealt hands. No wonder I was so bewildered! I knew giving away all that EV had to be nuts, unless you're stuck with cruise ship pay tables, as you laid out.

That also depends on the pay table. In NSUDs, depending on the payout for a full house, you generally keep two pair.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

[QUOTE=FAA] Thanks all. As I fully recollect now, the advice was chuck one of two pairs dealt hands. No wonder I was so bewildered! I knew giving away all that EV had to be nuts, unless you're stuck with cruise ship pay tables, as you laid out.

That also depends on the pay table. In NSUDs, depending on the payout for a full house, you generally keep two pair. [/QUOTE]

Yeah if the payout of a full house is 20, keep two pair with no wild cards.

If the payout of a flush is 15, keep a flush draw over a pair with no wild cards. These are the two biggest paytable dependent rules in Deuces Wild, imo.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I see. My phone DW is a mere 15 FH, and I have been discarding one of the pairs. I'll check another site's table next time I play it.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

If the FH is 15, keep either pair. Doesn't matter which, but its a good habit to always keep the same pair.
Either the higher or the lower. Makes a mistake less likely.