My Best Recreational Money Management Strategy

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: My Best Recreational Money Management Strategy

Post by olds442jetaway »

The best money management method I know of is one where you don't run out of money or play with scared money. If you have a bad trip which happens most of the time to us, and you start out betting really small on the next trip, many times you will hit something good right away and never get all of your money back from the bad trip.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Scared money is my weekly albatross. I hate hitting that min quad right away, before I start my selective max forays.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

i am doing it at home, with software, i understand variance in video poker is so huge 10 or 100 bankrolls of 260 is very tiny but its better than going in blind folded

You can do a million such simulations. If you are programming garbage, your results will be garbage.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=stevel96a1] i am doing it at home, with software, i understand variance in video poker is so huge 10 or 100 bankrolls of 260 is very tiny but its better than going in blind folded

You can do a million such simulations. If you are programming garbage, your results will be garbage. [/QUOTE]

Garbage in garbage out was one of the first cliches taught back in highschool BASIC programming classes....

With utmost respect and tact, stevel96a1... it's sometimes a little difficult understanding some of the points you make... perhaps you can work on the structure of your posts, don't rush them, etc. We like having you and you contribute a lot...we want to get the most out of your posts

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Phil sorry to see the end of your VP Cycle Question postings by webman. I do see his point about stepping over the line on the rules. But you called a spade a spade and I loved it!

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Phil sorry to see the end of your<span ="lgtext"=""> </span><span ="lgtext"="">VP Cycle Question</span> postings by webman. I do see his point about stepping over the line on the rules. But you called a spade a spade and I loved it! <span ="lgtext"=""></span>

I think Phil knows he went too far, even if he was saying something many if us felt lol.

Still, Bob can change and deserves the benefit of the doubt if he sincerely tries....I have never ever questioned Bobs acumen or authority; I like having Phil around too, he's a nice guy and no slouch intellectually... I'm sorry we had to kill the whole thread, which was actually pretty decent apart from the out of control vitriol.