I need 500 dealt Royals in a row to get even!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
trumpforprez16
Forum Rookie

I need 500 dealt Royals in a row to get even!

Post by trumpforprez16 »

I CAN DO IT!

Yeah so I'm down a few trillion dollars, but I TRULY believe video poker is close to a positive EV game! With the best paytables and comps, you're looking at close to 100%!

No, really! I actually STILL believe this, despite real-world results putting me in the hole in the order of TRILLIONS in loses!

I'm gonna keep tryin', but I'll need 500 Dealt Royals, ten handed, $25 per hand to just get EVEN!

Sure, the chances of getting 500 dealt Royals in a row is more than all the STARS IN THE UNIVERSE TIMES ALL THE STARS IN THE UNIVERSE, but I really think I can do this!

I'm just illustrating, above, the insanity of video poker.

It is NOT '99% payback' or whatever ridiculous lies we believe in.

It is ZERO percent payback.

The frequency of Four Aces or Royals is SO LOW, and the vast losses IN BETWEEN those hands so huge, there is no way you can ever come close to getting even.

It's not long during a session that I'm WAY DOWN and often telling myself, "Gee now I need a few Royals just to get even."

Can anyone relate?

I'll bet many can.

Then why the hell do we play this stupid game?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Trillions in losses?What sort of comps do you earn with that? A couple hotels and free crab legs for life?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I definitely can relate. It really only requires one RF per year to approximately break even. But where the hell is it? Meanwhile, the red ink keeps creeping higher. I saw a $2,000 Deuces Wild quad hit two days ago. What salt in the wound. Hey, I only lost $45 total on the trip.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

I've never had 500 Royals in a row. The best I've ever done is 334 in a row. But I'm going to keep trying.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Trillions in losses?What sort of comps do you earn with that? A couple hotels and free crab legs for life?

You just described Video Poker in Zimbabwe...lol

trumpforprez16
Forum Rookie

Post by trumpforprez16 »

I definitely can relate. It really only requires one RF per year to approximately break even. But where the hell is it? Meanwhile, the red ink keeps creeping higher. I saw a $2,000 Deuces Wild quad hit two days ago. What salt in the wound. Hey, I only lost $45 total on the trip.

I stopped playing Dueces Wild when I got AAAA/kicker.

Never again.

Haven't hit four 2s in ages anyway.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Check that statement. I would stop as well, if I ever played DDB or TDB. The only superior hand is the universal RF. Kicker and four Aces are both irrelevant in DW, which I don't even play. But I may start after witnessing that miracle in such proximity!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

When you got AAAA/kicker while playing DEUCES Wild there is absolutely no guarantee that you would have gotten that same exact hand at that same moment in time if you were playing TDB.

DAAnMAAn
VP Veteran

Post by DAAnMAAn »

My gut tells me this is A nonsensical, irrational, emotional post. $5,000,000 dollars to just break even? Really???at least, that’s what my math says needing to flop a Royal 500 Times on a 10 play .25c game “just to break even.” As Dancer or anyone else with a brain would first retort to this thread, show me the records, show me the details. However assuming it’s all true, why didn’t you stop when you were say...a million down, or two, or three? Why not change games, denomination, or find another game or hobby altogether? Perhaps your the most unlucky video poker player of all time? Strange.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Yeah, the wrong game citation is a major red flag.