Mohegan Sun pay table update

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Mohegan Sun pay table update

Post by olds442jetaway »

I tried a crazy way to play at Mohegan Sun last night just as a goof. I put in a hundred in a 98.91 deuces game. Bet 5 quarters. I decided to cash out and go to another machine even if I got a quarter ahead on a machine. It was in the middle of the night so there was no problem getting many machines to play. I played 33 machines because I was ahead on that many machines at least a quarter. I was up to 155.00. My goal was to get to 160 and quit for the night. The 34th machine not only never let me be a quarter ahead, it took the entire 155 I had put in. The highest thing that machine gave me was 4 or a kind which only pays 4 for one anyway. In hindsight, I should have cashed out when the 155 got back to 100, but one just never knows what the next hand will be.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Great middle of the night exercise. Same experience last week. Doubled my money, then lost both that and BR. Let's all pull the plug on greed. Once and for all.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Heading up tonight. Funds are low...just don't have much in the way of dough. Might take in a game...I hate to keep getting a bit ahead and then losing that and more...such a shame. Like FAA said...we have to get greed out of our head. Get ahead a little bit then look down. Pretend that amount just appeared on the ground. Stash it away, to have fun with another day. Go have a beer, some wings, take a long walk. But when that next machine beckons, make sure that you balk.
     If anyone else has any requests for paytable research or machine locations etc. , let me know. I will try and check things out a little more.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Currently killing time in AC restaurant. Beats losing at a $50-$100 hourly rate. I'm everyone's good luck charm. Craps table hit a 175:1 bet while I was there. Before that, a man just sat down two machines away. In two minutes, he hit a $2,000 DW quad deuces after holding three. This is always occurring. Phil should hire me as his AC Sherpa.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Actually wasn't FAA's swan dive to take place if Phil hit? Not his wife? Just thinking about FAA's potential case of Dysentery, Botulism, or Cyclosporiasis.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Correct. Happy wife, happy life. For all concerned parties. Unfortunately, the Phils took a real bath!

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

We escaped AC with minimal damage. We are at the Mohegan Sun. This place is paradise. Hit quad threes with a kicker on DDB in the first 15 minutes. Olds442jetaway showed us where the 99% games are. Sure wish we could play here all year. I'm going to sit on the 9/6 Jacks machines until I catch up with my wife. I could be here awhile...   

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

MS sounds exquisite. I will make a trek this summer.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

FAA if you make it up here and its a day I can go during the week, room is on me and as I get 2 free buffet vouchers a day 24/7, lunch or dinner is on me as well. Got home a few hours ago. Had a nice time chatting and sharing stories with Mr. and Mrs Phil last night and this morning. If all is well, the wife and I will be back up there tomorrow night to see them off and maybe catch a last minute coffee or snack. Hope they hit a big one before they leave. All I could manage was a wild Royal on Joker kings at 100 for one, but not enough to offset my coin in. PS....just a note for all who play at Mohegan....I used to carry 9000 spendable points up there. I have now have less than a hundred. If you play the 99 machines, the only points you get are status or tier credit points. Mine went mainly for gas and a few other treats over the years.
   The machines at Foxwoods give you spendable points on 99 machines, but I haven't found any to play at less than the dollar level. Also is is another 20 minute ride from Mohegan. Maybe it is just me, but I like the overall experience much better at Mohegan Sun than Foxwoods.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Ah,yes. The small matter of offsetting the coin in. With the full throttle players here, that's a tall order. My goal has become a double digit loss ceiling. I'll settle for $600 coin in. I'm certainly not cheating myself out of max RF opportunities. My 99 machines barely dispense comps. But I'll continue to take those odds and bear it.