Helping Others

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Re: Helping Others

Post by FloridaPhil »

[quote=FAA]Ecc 9:11. Pretty damn prophetic verse citation. Talk about hitting it right on the head. That is chilling to consider. [/quote]"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.  EC 9:11 King James Version

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

I won't comment nor advise unless asked. I will tell them how I might play that particular hand or tell them flat out that I don't know the proper hold for that particular game version. I've seen some horrendous holds by others and you have to wonder, "what were they thinking?"

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

There is a difference between making an informed decision because you intentionally want to influence what may happen and haphazardly guessing without knowing the ramifications.   The lady who always goes for the royal under all circumstances will in fact see more royals than normal. Unfortunately, she will pay multiple times more than her royal winnings in losses.  If she knows this and is OK with what she's doing, I see no problem with it.As we all know, most people we see doing things like that do not have a clue what the choices they make cost them.  Most of the people I watch playing deuces wild are guessing.  They are usually are so far off they are probably playing a 70% game if that.   Advising someone to hold a deuce and two suited cards going for a straight flush is especially hard.  They usually want to keep a deuce and an ace....  

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

I will help out if someone asks me and I know the game.

But I hate it when people tell me how to play. A while ago I was playing 9/7 TDB and was getting creamed. The guy next to me kept telling me how he would play the hands: "I go for the royal", "WTH did you hold that 3KJ for?" Ect.

He busted out.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I guess DB and FP have overlooked the 9/11 and 9:11 parallels. That was my point, fwiw.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I almost always will help out others when something they are doing is obviously incorrect or they are confused. However, not the teach me how to play vp people. I just don't have the time or patience. There was one exception and I think I posted this some years ago. It was late Friday night at Mohegan Sun. The clubs had just closed. It was little black dress night and here comes 5 of them. They sit down next to me and ask how to play. Whats a guy supposed to do?

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

HOW TO PLAY WHAT? Might be a good question to start.