Memorial weekend TR

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
paco13
VP Veteran

Memorial weekend TR

Post by paco13 »

We decided to visit AC for the weekend since it had been a while and I had to cancel our last planned visit. We stayed at Harrah's since there were no rooms at the Boardwalk properties on short notice. Normally we like the convenience of staying on the Boardwalk but no big deal, Harrah's is nice and the Jitney is cheap. Room was comped and I finally tried out a Diamond lounge this trip. No line and ate well 'til we were satisfied.
So let's get the bad out of the way.
I really need to try using a host. As is the norm it seems a room was not ready upon arrival. At Bally's and Caesars when this happens they will call me within an hour and we're good. At Harrah's it turns into hours of blowing time until it's ready. They don't call despite assuring me they will so we have to keep checking in every so often. This time they said the girl who first checked us in entered the wrong contact number for me accidentally. So we ate, took a walk outside, did a little shopping and of course I played.
Things were not looking so good and I was about to quit wasting BR just to waste time. Then I hit a Royal holding 2 playing a random quarter machine!! That put me ahead $600. Who cares about the room? Uhh, she does and convinces me to cash out and check on it. It's ready, and once again she saves me from myself.
Finally can relax and recharge a bit with a real cup of coffee. Been on the go since 4:00 am. Bobbi decides to take a nap sooooo. I head to the DC. Most VP games are occupied so I try a few I haven't played before. End up on 1 with QUICK QUADS. $1 and up denom. Runnin' through the BR pretty quickly when I'm dealt three 2's and an Ace playing TDB QQ's. Catch the 4th 2 on the draw! Phone lights up, Bobbi's ready to head over to the Boardwalk. Saved again.
Jitney ride over then a nice stroll on the boardwalk. Enjoyed some soft serve along with the fresh air and ocean breeze. What was really nice to see was how busy it was. We have not seen AC so alive in a long time. The new observation wheel on the Steel Pier looks awesome. I could not convince Bobbi to give it a try unfortunately. Maybe next time I will venture to it on my own while she is shopping.
Grabbed the last free shuttle for the night back to the hotel. Called it a night. Up early Sunday and head downstairs. Find a Hundred Play game and select .02 denom. Play for a couple hours before breakfast and cash out $400 up! A little later shuttle to Bally's. No luck. Tried DDBAF, UX and some STP. Spent back most of my gains from Harrah's. Head back. Fast Forward try some slots for a change. Nothing happening. Nickel DblSTP 10 play just killin' me. Back to DC find the Dollar QQ machine open. Half hr. in and Bam!! 3 A'S W/K. Holdem and nab the last Ace wow! Enjoyed the rest of our stay. I played much more and in the end still left with double the cash I started with.
Feel's Good.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Nice report paco, congrats on your hits.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

Winning double what you brought is a great trip.

I remember being in Atlantic City around 1990 and had my first ride in a Jitney. The guy drove crazy and scared the **** out of everyone. Also he had some music playing full blast and you could not even talk to the person next you. He made a stop and a lady got up from her seat and asked him kindly if he would turn the music down just a bit. He yelled at her to sit her ass back down and he would play the music at whatever ****** volume he wanted.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

Haha, the guy we had was a two foot driver. Constant gas/brake gas/brake. Was like riding a bull in the rodeo.. Then the shuttle driver was really nice guy but had no depth perception and was very slow. We drive for a living and many times think to each other, "Let one of us drive."

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

Thinking 'bout heading to Mt. Airy in PA tonight. Haven't been in a while. See if the luck continues. If so will plan another drive down to AC. Fingers crossed.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

WTG Paco. Good luck tonight.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Nice Paco! WTG...

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Excellent trip. I would need killer bankroll and risk appetite above JOB and BP to simulate this.

paco13
VP Veteran

Post by paco13 »

Well, absolutely no luck in PA Saturday. 4.5 hours of driving for 1.5 hrs. of BR busting play.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

AC paid the freight! Glass half full.