Musings of a casual recreational VP player.

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Re: Musings of a casual recreational VP player.

Post by OTABILL »

[quote=OTABILL] There are probably hundreds of varieties of VP players among the thousands who sit down in front of a machine.
Great post! If you ask 100 players what they want from a day of VP,  their first answer will be... to win money.   If you ask them what they are willing to do to accomplish it, you will get a wide range of answers.   Recreational players weigh the cost vs. the reward.    Except for a few fortunate players in Vegas, the financial and emotional cost of finding and playing a positive VP game is too great for most players, so they play what's available.  Players who play negative VP games know playing smaller is financially better long term.  Some choose to play big regardless and are willing to pay for the privilege.  The game of Video Poker is the same for everyone.  Math does not change.   The players are different.  There is not now or will there ever be "one size fits all" answers to all questions regarding video poker.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Experience is the best teacher. I defer to the VP deans. We're playing negative. So we damn well better be playing small. There's just no sense flushing five times the expected loss down the toilet. I better get my head out of my butt fast.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Experience is the best teacher. I defer to the VP deans. We're playing negative. So we damn well better be playing small. There's just no sense flushing five times the expected loss down the toilet. I better get my head out of my butt fast.

My advice, listen to the experts regarding optimal play but always play with discretionary funds set aside for recreation/entertainment. Figure you are spending money for enjoyment. Never exceed that amount and never dip into funds needed for other purposes including emergencies and retirement. Any wins are a bonus to be relished.