Happy 4th of July

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Happy 4th of July

Post by olds442jetaway »

to all who love this country. My dad who is a WW2 vet turned 94 Friday. I just left his house which is just 5 minutes away and am going back over in a bit. If anyone wants to say anything to him, I will be glad to read dad all of the posts. Thanks. My dad is so funny. When on rare occasions, I take him to Mohegan Sun, I sit down next to him and play nickel video poker. When he gets ahead enough to buy a candy bar which he thinks is still a quarter, he quits. I should be so smart.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Happy 4th Olds Senior. Thanks for your service. May you enjoy gpod health.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

I remember when a clark bar was 5 cents.now its around a dollar.20 fold increase.the real baromator of inflation!the clark bar meter!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

tell your father thanks for his service!if u 2 are ever at resorts world catskills I will give him a whole box of sniker bars using my points.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Olds, please tell your father, thank you for his service! I am forever grateful to the men and women who serve our Country, and keep us safe!    Also, Please wish him a Happy Birthday!!! Thank you...

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks everyone for the replies. Hey, how did you know Snickers is his favorite except 5th Avenue. I'm going over in a bit and will read everything to him. By the way, dad said 25 cents was for the giant size. The other ones were indeed a nickel. Its good to hear that at least half the country appreciates its veterans. Wish it was more. Thanks again. I would have gone in in 1970 myself and like many of my friends may never have come back. I got rejected in the physical due to being almost blind in one eye and several other things. Funny thing is that with my one good eye, I maintain an expert shooting rating still. Glad I'm here though to watch over my folks in their later years and my dad who is my full time job now. That's another story for another time. Good health to all.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

5 ave was also my favorite when it had the two almonds on top many years ago.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

some of your friends never came back but st. paul says he would rather be out of the body and with the Lord than stay here!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Good point