Now THIS is more like it!

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: Now THIS is more like it!

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks Ted.....wore a badge for 34 years. I won't elaborate here what it was for but thanks again. I also like DB's comment about one person at a time.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:38 pm
Thanks Ted.....wore a badge for 34 years. I won't elaborate here what it was for but thanks again. I also like DB's comment about one person at a time.
If you want to boil down what America really is all about, what these "freedoms" and Liberty we all take for granted truly mean, it's this: At its founding, America/The USA focused on the individual's right to pursue happiness and prosperity and spiritual ideals in the way he saw fit, NOT subject to what class he was born into or who his family happened to be or what religion he was born under. It also stipulated that ALL MEN are created equal in the sense that laws, facts of life and nature apply to all humans equally....of course in the 1780s the 13 colonies had one huge glaring EVIL hypocrisy in the midst of several of its founding members, namely the institution of African Bondage/Slavery for the expressed purpose of economic exploitation. The fact that the founding fathers, whom so many regard as virtual saints, completely abandoned their moral and ethical obligations by allowing slavery to persist instead of making arrangements for its eventual eradication set the country up for (1) it's most deadly, cataclysmic war, and (2) set the stage for ALL the problems and issues regarding "race" that continue to this day.

RAcism is more palpable today than ever, in large part (but not entirely) due to the fact the Republican party has chosen to embrace those among society who enjoy thinking and believing, and expressing, that the so called "white race" is in danger of being marginalized and/or harmed because of something called "The Browning of America". This evil, completely moronic notion akin to Nazi philosophy is the most ignorant, idiotic BS you are apt to find these days.....start with the fact there is no such thing as a "White race" (seriously, who qualifies as "white"? There was a time not long ago when Italians, who today are regarded as "white/caucasian", were NOT considered "white")!! All this apparent "white animosity" seen today within Republican/Trumpist circles in turn gives OTHER Racists (or just plain malcontents) among the actual racial minorities the superficial justification to stir the pot and perpetrate riots and other Malfeasance! Racists can exist in any form, color or.....well, race....they are among the throngs of Black Lives Matter just as they are among the Republicans!

Of course one huge reason today's "white" racists bemoan what they perceive happening to the nonexistent "white race" is the fact that these people realize just how poorly REAL racial minorities have been treated, they realize that THEY themselves often were the ones doing the mistreating, so now they are scared crapless that its going to be done to them.....and for good reason they should be scared because (as the bible states) You REAP WHAT YOU SOW! On the flip side, many of today's so-called "black militants" have abandoned the morality and principles promoted by Dr. King and other non-violent champions of racial equality and change....this is not right, nor good.

One last point: this concept of "Black on Black" crime is yet one more example of the inherent racism that persists in society....I am not saying everyone who utters or invokes this meaningless phrase to make some sort of point is in fact being racist, I am saying the phrase/term itself represents exactly what is wrong and why racism persists. Consider the following: Who commits the vast majority of crime against so called "White People"? Other white people....who commits the vast majority of crime against Asians? Other Asians. WHo commits the vast majority of crime against Hispanics? Other Hispanics. It's not hard to understand why this is the case across the board....it's because people of a particular race, culture or ethnicity tend to live together (often closely as in the cities); it is of no surprise or profoundness that the majority of "Crime" involves these same people of the same race/ethnicity! duh

Black on Black crime is just a dog whistle.....it goes without saying of course, that if the so-called BLACK Leaders of society truly wanted to help their "own" they could themselves focus on imploring the denizens of impoverished Black neighborhoods to not victimize ANYONE anywhere, least of all members of their own neighborhoods....but this is nothing new folks. Go back to the early 20th century, in the USA, in then-minority neighborhoods of Italians or Irish. The VAST majority of crime being committed against these poor Italian and Irish Immigrants was by other Italians and Irish!!!! Note too that back then, Irish Immigrants were regarded by others in cities like Boston and New York as today's black or hispanic minorities are regarded by some, with utter contempt. And yet today, these same Irish and Italians (and Germans, Polish, Jews, Russians) descendants of immigrants constitute this modern day make believe "white race" !!! Go figure...

If you are a decent person (not to mention a true christian) you will reject any and all racist or prejudicial concepts and treat all humans the way Christ does.....lovingly, fairly, impartially.....ONE AT A TIME.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

DaBurglar wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:04 pm
How do you not see it / hear it / FEEL it (the giant, massive train) coming at you>?????
My father worked on the railroad. He said that you would be amazed at how quietly the trains can sneak up on you.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

DaBurglar wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:53 am
\when a man or woman or gender neutral individual
At the risk of being accused of nit picking, or whatever, I do have to ask the question: what the hell is " gender neutral"? Are we not born with either male or female genitalia? How can we be gender "neutral"?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Are you a racist or homophobic OMT?

Kidding, kidding. I absolutely do not think you are so everyone just chill.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Getting back on track, observe the officer in this story and how awesome her decorum and professionalism truly is....the perp in this story is the exact type of ignorant deplorable racist that has been empowered by the undercurrents of hate in the world these days. This police officer is exactly the type we need more of....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-offic ... 58537.html

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

There are some crazy ass Russians in Brighton Beach. You don't want to mess with them. I was once cutting thru Brooklyn on my way from Long Island to Jersey because the Belt Parkway was slammed. I got rear ended at a traffic signal by a nutty guy in an old Honda and did some damage to the bumper of my Acura. I told the guy to just forget it and got the hell outta there when the light turned green.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Carcounter wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:43 am
There are some crazy ass Russians in Brighton Beach. You don't want to mess with them. I was once cutting thru Brooklyn on my way from Long Island to Jersey because the Belt Parkway was slammed. I got rear ended at a traffic signal by a nutty guy in an old Honda and did some damage to the bumper of my Acura. I told the guy to just forget it and got the hell outta there when the light turned green.

Smart....very smart. I would say next time, even if the belt parkway is slammed, avoid that portion of town altogether. Take the long lonnnng way, or pull over and rest, wait, get something to eat...anything at all to avoid Brighton Beach because, yes indeed, the people from Russia/Eastern Europe who reside here tend to include some of the most unpredictable, unprincipled, corrupt individuals you will ever encounter. Some of it is just the inherent cultural aspects of that part of the world which is extremely hard on people; corruption is a way of life in that part of the world, dating back to the days of communism and becoming worse as the worst aspects of capitalism became entrenched....the people who live in Brighton, whether they are second or third generation Americans or recent arrivals, can be especially virulent.

My sister-in-law is from Russia, and is one of the most kind, honest and hard-working individuals I Know....she offers a very candid and inciteful perspective on people from that part of Europe and the world. One of the largest communities of Russian/Ukrainian/Eastern Europe people in the USA, outside of Brighton Beach and Hollywood, lives here in Western Massachusetts...as always you need to take them one at a time!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Just got around to this. I just figured this was a set up from the get go. Happens all the time in parts of NYC. Yes, I will never cut thru Brighton Beach to avoid traffic on the Belt parkway ever again.