RIP Stan Lee.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

RIP Stan Lee.

Post by billryan »

Father of the American Comic Book. Creator of Spider-Man, The Hulk, Fantastic Four, The X-Men and so much more. Stan went to work for Marvel Comics as a 17 year old and outside of being drafted into WW2 never really left. His partnerships with Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby turned Marvel from a third rate comic publisher to a billion dollar company now owned by Disney.
He recently lost his wife of seventy years and his last few months were tied up in court battles as people he trusted proved to be scum. In one case, blood was drawn from him while he was napping. His daughter was told it was medical testing, but the blood was mixed with ink and a company here in Las Vegas tried to sell items swiped in his blood/DNA.
One of the most influential people in my life.
One of the best lines I've ever read is attributed to him- With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility.
RIP.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

A real giant who will be sorely missed.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

He wrote COMIC BOOKS....it's not like he cured cancer or charged a Nazi Bunker and took out a squad of racist white genocidal evil doers, saving his squad in the process.

Of course I am sorry he's no longer living, but how about a little perspective here....

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

DaBurglar wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:06 pm
He wrote COMIC BOOKS....it's not like he cured cancer or charged a Nazi Bunker and took out a squad of racist white genocidal evil doers, saving his squad in the process.

Of course I am sorry he's no longer living, but how about a little perspective here....
With all due respect, he was a giant and creative genius in his field. The characters he created have entertained and brought joy to millions. He was a recipient of the National Medal of Arts, an honor created by Congress given for achievement in the arts to an individual artist on behalf of the American
people.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

He was also a U.S. Army vet who was proud of his service, even though he may not have charged a Nazi bunker, taking out a squad of racist white genocidal evil doers, saving his squad in the process.