Rip green beret

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Rip green beret

Post by DaBurglar »

The sheer stupidity and arrogance of the four murderers boggles the mind....they are not "America's best". The opposite is true....

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/navy-seals-ma ... 04701.html

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm not really sure what to make of this story. The whole thing keeps changing. This is the first I've read of the Marines being implicated in the death. Previous stories suggested they were involved in the coverup.
One of the problems the military has is the rapid expansion of the Special Ops branches in the last two decades. Navy Seals, in particular. Their roster has expanded so much that just keeping qualified instructors is a problem. You can't expand a program from 600 to 6000 without lowering standards a bit. The Navy kept its physical standards but lowered some others.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

You hit the nail on the head Billy Ryan....since the first Gulf War circa 1990, the US military (all branches and aspects) has lowered its Moral/Psychological/character requirements and components for new members, both officers and rank-and-file members. My brother, who enlisted in the Army in 1989, placed at or near the top of every test he was given and was admitted straight away after Basic Training to the Presidio for Intelligence Training/education that included learning Russian to the highest degree of proficiency/fluency (as well as learning Russian History and culture) told me that he witnessed the continuous lowering of standards from 1990 (Gulf War I) thru 2005 (Gulf War II and Afghanistan) because the military simply could not attract enough people against the back drop of both a generally prosperous economy during those years (1990-2005) AND a declining birthright/aging population in the USA. This means a lot of people with serious mental issues or lack of competence or even basic social skills made it into many branches and positions throughout the entire military. The fact that American Society and culture has seen the Military in general rise to the top of so many aspects of society does not help either....the USA has become something it was never supposed to be, a militaristic, martial society & culture.

These four pathetic individuals, 2 SEALs and 2 Jarheads, who thought they were so "Bad-ass" and "Elite" and "Special" that normal rules and morality and decency do not apply to them went ahead and killed this other Green Beret....and if you read the stories details, they then attempted to cover it up by mutiliating the corpse with a feigned medical procedure so that they could LIE about some medical emergency or accident as the cause of the poor Green Beret's death. That tells you a lot about the culture and thinking that permeates the SEALs and Marines when the wrong type of people are allowed to belong.

Note: THE MAJORITY OF SEALs and Marines are NOT like these four idiotic criminals, they are honorable and competent and decent. But sadly there are more rotten apples in TODAY's military than ever before, because the USA has become and remains enthralled with all things related to military and martial prowess and power. This was never, EVER EVER the intention, desire or vision of the founding fathers.....they all had a healthy disdain and distrust of excessive, sustained military power and its effect on a republic's society. And boy were they RIGHT!