Golden Nugget Run 1/31-2/2

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Golden Nugget Run 1/31-2/2

Post by Lucky Larry »

Two night stay at Golden Nugget Lake Charles. This was suppose to be a happy time. My brother and his wife were to join Sweet C and me for the weekend for their first trip to Golden Nugget. However; he was unfortunately killed in an accident 3 weeks ago. Sweet C and I decided to keep our reservations and get away after all of the strain and pain over the past three weeks.

Video poker pay tables not as high as Coushatta but the GN amenities make up for the difference. GNLC doesn't allow free play on vp machines but the player benefits are a nice make up. This past week my weekly free play was $115. Additionally,Thur-Sun the GNLC offered me an additional $215 every night in free play. Along with the $100- 10 piece skillet/pot set giveaway we were getting. Free play is always a "crap shoot". Download $100 and pull out a ticket after the minimum number of spins for that amount. Sometimes you get money in excess and other times its a loss. Thursday was a break even but Friday was a double my money and then we decided to stay Saturday as well which ended up being a double free play pay out.

Thursday: Game play was typical of VP. Thursday night I couldn't hit on 25¢ multi-hand so I switched to 10¢ multi-hand. Catching 4/RF I caught 2 royals on a 16 hand draw at 9:31. I later moved back to 25¢ and just after mid-night I caught 4/RF diamonds on 16 hand DW. As I hit draw I told Sweet C I would hit 2 royals. Sure enough the second and fifth hands hit the jackpot. Played a while longer and went up a short time later.
Friday: Couldn't hit much at all for most of the night and ended up giving Sweet C (community state - ;) ) money to play as we were both not having the right timing. Played a significant portion of the jackpot back.
Saturday: We checked out of GNLC and decided to play at Coushatta and pick up the weekly gift there. A couple nice hits on my multi-hand 5¢ and I doubled my money. The pay tables there are 99%. Came back to GNLC to eat on our comp cash since it was on the way home. After eating we decided to play our free extra money. Sweet C hit several nice hits and ended up several hundred off free play. I doubled my free play and so we decided to play VP again and then head home for the night. The GNLC was hosting a Chinese New Year's parade so we watched the dragon parade and performance from the VP area near the entrance. A nice job done by the kids.

Go back to one of my favorite DW machines and put in $200. The machine was on 14 hand 25¢ and I left it there. Five hands in I was dealt 3 deuces (I had not seen or hit 4 deuces but once the two previous nights) - caught two 4 deuces and a few hands later a second 3-deuces (another 4 deuces) I cash out. Put another $200 in and catch a straight flush and 4 deuces holding 1 deuces. Another straight flush and a 5kind. Cash out. Another $200 in and with in a few minutes: straight flush, deuce royal and deuces. Cash out $200 in, double my $ and then I lost the timing. Sweet C is in disbelief as I pull each ticket and show her. So I took a picture of the four tickets.
The total haul: (Amount $2,535.75 and total time about 15-16 minutes from the first hand): $928 @ 21:20; $748.75 @ 21:23; $455 @ 21:25; and $408 @ 21:34. The rest of the night was an average play-up and down with Sweet C finally catching deuces and us taking home enough to repay our bank roll. Oh, our luck continued as we checked with reservations as we got in on the freeway to head home and they had three unclaimed rooms so we turned around and stayed instead of driving home tired.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

LL I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. I am glad you were able to get a bit of stress relief much needed I'm sure. Again our prayers and thoughts are with you and the family.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Im really sorry about your brother, LL. Hope the trip helped you clear your mind for a bit. It sounded like you had a nice time at least!

damule
VP Veteran

Post by damule »

I'm so sorry for your loss, my condolences. I couldn't even get through your trip report after the reading the 1st paragraph. Glad you were able to get away at least.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

LL, our condolences on the untimely and horrific passing of your brother. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

So sorry to hear that news Larry.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

I'm so sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. My older brother (8 years older) has been our family patriarch since our dad died in 1980. And, yes the trip did help us get our minds off the his accidental death for a short time.

wilcoxfun

Post by wilcoxfun »

Larry truly sorry for your loss. My youngest brother died ten years ago. I still think of him often. Prayers for you and your family.