Never seen JOB so bad

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Never seen JOB so bad

Post by FAA »

OMT, can you elaborate on your strategy card? Does it assume a fixed amount of hours or hands? Losing 7% of RF value in a day has been brutal.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

FAA wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:25 pm
OMT, can you elaborate on your strategy card? Does it assume a fixed amount of hours or hands? Losing 7% of RF value in a day has been brutal.
Here is a quote from the information sheet I referred to: "Due to the infrequency of the higher paying hands, you must expect to lose during a normal playing session (two to three hours) approximately twice as often as you win. Video poker is a volatile game. In a very unlucky day's play at 9/6, it is possible to lose half the value of a royal flush, (i.e., 2000 coins) on a single hand machine and approximately twice that on a Triple Play machine. In a very unlucky week's play it is possible to lose the value of 1-1/2 royal flushes (i.e., 6000 coins) on a single hand machine. Play at your own risk and do not play with money that you cannot afford to lose."

The quotation is from the information sheet accompanying a Dancer/Daily strategy card I acquired some 20-25 years ago.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Thanks. Okay, that sounds like normal session duration. I get turned off at the -200 coin mile post. The larger scope of a cratering is an even more bitter pill to swallow.

JanefromIndy
Forum Newbie

Post by JanefromIndy »

Does the Ascend bar have any decent .25 vp paytables? I saw mention of 10/6 DDB and NSUD above but not sure of denomination or other games. Thanks in advance.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Yes the new bar has very good pay tables 9/6 JOB, 8/5 BP, 10/6 DDB, NSUD and more. All at .25,.50 or $1

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

onemoretry wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:09 pm
FAA wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:25 pm
Here is a quote from the information sheet I referred to: "Due to the infrequency of the higher paying hands, you must expect to lose during a normal playing session (two to three hours) approximately twice as often as you win. Video poker is a volatile game. In a very unlucky day's play at 9/6, it is possible to lose half the value of a royal flush, (i.e., 2000 coins) on a single hand machine and approximately twice that on a Triple Play machine. In a very unlucky week's play it is possible to lose the value of 1-1/2 royal flushes (i.e., 6000 coins) on a single hand machine. Play at your own risk and do not play with money that you cannot afford to lose."

The quotation is from the information sheet accompanying a Dancer/Daily strategy card I acquired some 20-25 years ago.
So, in other words, he is guaranteeing you will win if you play at the $5 level?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Tx for reviving thread. Forget the normal session. Halve it!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

As I said, halve it. Decent results today on scant play. I didn't earn a single Tier Credit. Ask me if I care.