Max Coin Quarters vs. Single Coin 50 Cents

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Re: Max Coin Quarters vs. Single Coin 50 Cents

Post by FloridaPhil »

No problem.  I am used to it by now.  The point I am making is the machine does not know how many coins are being played.  If you play for the short term like I do, a jackpot is a jackpot. I told this story years ago on this forum after I hit my first  $5 CS quad deuce.  I was playing next to a lady who was playing max coin $5 VP.  I walked up to the machine, put in a single $20 bill and played $5 CS.    On the second hand I hit a single coin quad deuce for $1,000.  I immediately cashed my ticket in the redemption machine which was right next to the machines we were playing.   The lady saw what I did and tore into me.   "Real players play to win!", she said.  I smiled as I counting out ten hundreds in front of her.   She got so made she left.  I guess she wanted me to give the money back.  More likely, she lost her ass playing $25 a hand and was mad at me for winning cheap.  Sorry about that....  Some of you are asking yourself why I didn't play max coin dollars instead of single coin $5?  Good question.  Because I was playing CS and what I really wanted was to hit a max coin quad deuce for $5,000.   If you go back and look at the jackpot I posted for $1,735, you will see my max coin hand had three deuces in it.  If I had hit a forth deuce instead of a wild royal, I would have cashed out $6,035 from one $20 bill.   If you like excitement in your VP, there it is.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

If you want to see how the rest of the posts for the Another Single Coin Royal thread would have played out (where FloridaPhil was suspended), start here at post #1 from June 2018.