All Time Fave Summer Song?...

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Galeygoo
VP Veteran

All Time Fave Summer Song?...

Post by Galeygoo »

So many to choose from; I'm thinking my favorite is "Summer In The City" by The Soonful 8-)

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

"School Is Out" by Gary U.S. Bonds. Of course it came out while I was in High School. :lol:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Both songs are great. Of course the Mrs. being a teacher, never liked School’s Out.....though she loved being off for the summer to partly make up for the 100 hours a week she put in the rest of the year. My mistake.....i was referring to School’s Out by Alice Cooper. She hates that one. I happen to like it. The original by Gary I barely remember., I would have been in 8th grade

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

1972, just graduated from 8th grade and am spending the summer at my family's summer bungalow, leaving my first love behind.
I meet an older woman( going into 10th grade) who is into kissing and even allows me to touch her breastests. I'm in heaven until one night in mid July. We have just started our nightly petting session when the song" See You in September" comes on, and I'm reminded of the girl I left behind. I start to feel guilty but another song pops into my head- when I'm not with the girl that I love, I love the girl that I'm with. A tradition was born that night.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Paint it Black. Rolling Stones. Summer of 1966. Rockaway Beach Queens NY. Heard it all day long.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

billryan wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:56 am
1972, just graduated from 8th grade and am spending the summer at my family's summer bungalow, leaving my first love behind.
I meet an older woman( going into 10th grade) who is into kissing and even allows me to touch her breastests. I'm in heaven until one night in mid July. We have just started our nightly petting session when the song" See You in September" comes on, and I'm reminded of the girl I left behind. I start to feel guilty but another song pops into my head- when I'm not with the girl that I love, I love the girl that I'm with. A tradition was born that night.
dems would have never allowed you on SCOTUS.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Heard Paint It Black all summer long that year too. Was working my ass off on construction jobs doing what the other laborers couldn’t or didn’t want to do. Nights I worked in McDonald’s. I was trying to save up money for my first senester at UCONN. There was no tuition cost back then, but you had to pay room and board and buy your books. At 1.25 an hour, one couldn’t save very much. The construction job paid 2 bucks. Still a bargain for the contractor.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Does anyone in my era or close to it like any of the new music? I do like some of it including a few songs by Ed Sheeran and a few others like Maroon 5

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:28 pm
Heard Paint It Black all summer long that year too. Was working my ass off on construction jobs doing what the other laborers couldn’t or didn’t want to do. Nights I worked in McDonald’s. I was trying to save up money for my first senester at UCONN. There was no tuition cost back then, but you had to pay room and board and buy your books. At 1.25 an hour, one couldn’t save very much. The construction job paid 2 bucks. Still a bargain for the contractor.
Feel your pain Olds. In the summer of every year from 1969 thru 1973 I worked on a painting crew in central NJ to make money to put myself thru Newark College of Engineering. I was the lightest guy in the crew at about 135 lbs. soaking wet, so I got the job of going up the highest ladder. Once, I was holding on with one hand and painting a church steeple in Highland Park about 60' off the ground when one of crew said "Hey Johnny, that's a hell of a way to make three fifty an Hour". I never forgot that.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

olds, just wondering, when you went there, did they have:
-8 dining halls, 5 cafes and food court.
-did they also offer vegetarian, gluten free, kosher and halal options. also, organic.
-break dancing, video gaming, yoga
-kick boxing, skateboarding, sky diving, snow boarding and surfing clubs
-BISTRO on union st, ice cream shop
-600 student clubs

all these plus more mentioned on their website. add in average professional salary, including benefits (health care, retirement, SS, etc), around $100k/yr, might be the reason you were able to attend on the cheap.

no idea, but guessing, unlimited student loans also not available.

basic education, graduate in 4 years or less, few frills, low cost, those were the days.