Denomination Dilemma

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Re: Denomination Dilemma

Post by Eduardo »

FAA, you might enjoy something similar to how I budget for a trip.

Generally this is $300 for quarter play only, and $100 for higher denom pot shots. Of course, your amounts would vary based on how much you plan to bring.

This would get you a fair amount of play without blowing your whole budget quickly on dollars, then you still have a little set aside for dollar play and that chance at a hand pay.

Your odds of a hand pay are smaller than spending your whole budget on dollars, but at least the chance is there. These best of both worlds is how I see it.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

So a 75/25 ratio. Easy math with a $200 BR. I should not be anywhere near dollar machines in the first place. But there I was yesterday. I turned $40 FP into $50, lost it and recklessly slammed in another $50. Lucky to get it back plus the $50 I frittered away.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

case wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:16 pm
I am another one that thinks you should just play BP for quarters. Have some fun and some days you go home a winner. Days when you lose perhaps the loss will be minor.
I like Bonus Poker. I like Deuces Wild better. It's a relatively low variance game. The bell rings often. I find it more exciting to play. One quad deuce jackpot is enough to make my day and common enough to make a difference in my attitude when I drive home. If a quad deuce doesn't happen, the wild royals and five-of-a-kinds keep me going.

My one day a week bankroll for quarter deuces wild is $300. That normally lasts long enough to satisfy me. If I didn't play any dollar hands, the cost to play quarter 97% deuces wild would be a couple thousand dollars a year or less. Comps and free play offset this amount. I average about 2-3 royals a year. My free play is about $25 a week. I can stay at the resort hotel most any weekday for free and I eat free in the coffee shop.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

If I ever take a free room offer, I’d want to ensure future offers. So I’d have to sit at 8/5 quarter JOB forever, or the equivalent crap BP or DW pay table. Or: have a lot of twenties ready and frequently move. :roll: