Golden Nugget - King Size trip

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Golden Nugget - King Size trip

Post by Lucky Larry »

8/11/19
This month is the King Size Bed items give away. So Sweet C and I made the two hour trip to GN Lake Charles last Sunday to pick up our King blankets. Hey, 2 king blankets for $27 of gas, plus I had $100 in weekly food comps so I told Sweet C she didn't have to cook. :D Besides, Salt Grass, Landry's, or Vic and Anthony's and even the buffet would give us a break before the 2 hr drive back. We decided post dinner we'd each play $100 on VP and head home. We, started with 10 hand/ 5¢ DW and DWB, caught a few nice hands and I decided my timing was decent and I caught 4 deuces. At $2.50/hand and playing well, I moved to 3 hand/25¢ DW/DWB switching between them and Bonus after any few hand misses. About 20 minutes in I was dealt 2 deuces/Ace and caught the 4D/A combo for $500. Cashed out, gave Sweet C a $100 boost and put $100 back in and kept playing. Shortly after my hit Sweet C moved to 3 hand 25¢ caught a dealt 5/Kind and then 4 deuces and cashed out. She put back in a $100 and we played down through our $100 over the next hour and headed home.

Yahoo!! this weeks it King Size sheet sets!!! I have $100 weekly food comp, $210 Sunday/Weekend free play plus $100 Weekly free play and we are staying Sunday night. Oh and we each have last week's take home bank roll and a King Size bed in an extended or corner suite . ;)

Have a great weekend everyone, stay hydrated and watch the heat.
LL

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Sounds like a good weekend Larry! :up:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Sounds like a plan to me best of luck double L on the return trip The best part of little side trips like this for the girls is they don’t have to cook and always makes them smile at least at this stage of the game I guess they all remember the hours on end in the kitchen making things from scratch and being so tired and they could fall asleep standing up At least my wife could because besides all of the cooking she had her lesson plans out at the same time. I guess 40 some years of that was quite enough I can’t remember what the commercial was for but I remember the words You deserve a break today

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Yes, Sweet C has cooked and worked often two different meals for her first hubby who worked shift work. And, you should see Christmas as we prepare for 25-30 family members. I remember all those "good times", teaching all week, going to grad school and working nights and weekends, then post master's spending weekends working on the ship docks to make ends meet and writing lesson plans somehow. Now starting year 46 and semi-retired and with the kids grown, the grand kids and great kids around we can plan our schedule according to our needs and going out to eat is almost cheaper.