ms. monopoly

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

ms. monopoly

Post by notes1 »

the creators of the board game monopoly, have made a new version, with some features apparently more appealing to women. seems fine to me. except, the payouts for some parts of the game, are higher for females over males, for no other reason, than favoring one sex over another. the marketers of the game call this FEMALE EMPOWERMENT.

so, this game is endorsing the belief that is is acceptable to pay someone more or less, just because of how they were born. this is not empowerment, instead it tells females, young and old, they need a assistance, to compete. last time i played the game (many decades ago), there was no advantage for height, weight, strength, muscle mass, etc, it is a damn board game. i am pretty sure my wife and most of the women i know would not want to play a game that gave them an advantage, just for their sex, when the game involves brain/risk/luck, not some physical advantage.

we should strive for equality for all, regardless of sex, race, etc. creating an advantage for any group over another, sends the wrong message. this doesn't bring people together, it creates more divisiveness.