has anyone ever been Audit by the IRS?

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: has anyone ever been Audit by the IRS?

Post by olds442jetaway »

Maybe someday, but I doubt it, the session rules will be changed to where your session is your entire year and you pay taxes based on your true gains just like the stock market. Don’t hold your breath though. The new rules on itemized deductions have crushed many including myself. The cap on state and local taxes paid also pains. Bottom line is the tax rules that took effect in 2018 cost me a cool 4 k easily. My state is still reeling and rubbing its greedy little hands together by taxing residents on gross winnings instead of net. The average player because of the new rules will no longer be able to offset their gross winnings with losses by itemizing their deductions. That’s because they doubled the standard deduction. Most don’t even know they pulled the personL exemption deductions as well.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

if i move to Canada and hit a payout over 1200 or 2,000+ can i just hit the cash-out button? or do i have to sign forums? =)

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

No tax in Canada. You keep what you win.

Just don’t buy gas, smokes, booze etc. However that USA dollar is worth 1.30 Canadian