Monthly Contest Result

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Monthly Contest Result

Post by onemoretry »

This was really odd (at least, I think so).

Most months, both my wife and I play the monthly contest, just for fun and entertainment.

She normally plays several different games each day, i.e., loose deuces, joker poker, super double double, full pay deuces, etc. I normally stick with the same game the entire month. This past month, it was full pay deuces.

For October, she finished with a total score of 78835, and in 217th place.

I finished the month with a score of 78830, in 218th place. How weird is that?

Does anyone care to speculate on the odds of that happening again?

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Congratulations on both of you being positive for the month (> 101%). I imagine the odds of your wife beating you again next month are less than 50%. But, omt, you have to face up to the probability that she IS going to beat you from time to time if you play enough months. :ouch: ;)

(I do get the oddity. Good luck on one of you finishing in the top 10 soon!)

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

That is awesome Onemoretry. 5 points apart in 155 games! Crazy! A friend of mine who also has 2 accounts, finished within 2 places of each other this month, not sure what the point spread was, but still kinda cool... :up:

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

New2vp wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:40 am

Good luck on one of you finishing in the top 10 soon!
I've actually managed three top tens in the monthly contests over the years, but another would certainly be OK with me.

However, my wife, while making the top 100, is still awaiting her first top ten.

Rep
Forum Rookie

Post by Rep »

That is really cool and quite odd defying! Personally I couldn't hit water if I fell off a boat last month. Single hand is my fav and I've played the monthlies since they were introduced long ago and had BY FAR my worst month ever. This month has been a little better at least, I do rly enjoy the monthly and single hand. GL to all! :)