Challenge suggestion

Let us know what you like, don't like, or what you would like to see added.
Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Challenge suggestion

Post by Come Back Kid »

I was wondering if it was possible to have all challenges have the same amount of hands? Instead of a choice of 3-5 or 10 hands for instance, make them all 10 or the maximum for that game, so that were all on the same playing field. And, I certainly don't mean which game they chose, just hands. At least with 50 or 100 hand games, we all have to play the same. Just a suggestion. Thank you.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

An alternate perspective: It is already a level playing field if everyone has the same choices. It is also more strategic if you do not limit the choices, particularly since the winner is chosen by profit rather than only coin-out as is the case in the contests.

However, CBK's thought is certainly from someone who plays more challenges than I do. I played a lot of them when they first came out, but haven't taken advantage of them in some time.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

I understand what you're saying New, and thank you. I guess the way I was looking at it, is, most everyone plays the most hands available, and say the game costs 80 credits per play for 10 hands...If everyone does poorly, the last person in the challenge can see the scores and simply take the 3 hand game, which only costs 18 coins, and easily win the challenge. This way, we all have to pay the same amount to play. I know there is a score block option, but that is not favored by players.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Good point. It has been a while since I played any challenges. I yield my time back to you and others who are more active in those endeavors.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I think it's a good idea. I'll see what it would take to specify the number of hands while setting up a challenge.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

That would be great, thanks!