Coin In Guidance

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FAA
Video Poker Master

Coin In Guidance

Post by FAA »

Does anyone use coin in to decide when to quit or is it still loss limit? Two $3,000 coin in trips recently, which is high for me. Last week my loss was about 10% of that. Today they had mercy, so only about 5%. Both unacceptable for a day out. I must reconsider my play and cut back to my prior $1,500 or so. I stayed, I paid.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I only track coin in if have to to try and get an achievement award which for me is 100 in free play. Unfortunarely, it requires just over 20,000 in coin in. On a bad day meaning giving up 10 percent, it would cost 2,000 bucks to earn 100 in free play. That all has to be played in a single gaming day. That means they are only giving you back a half peecent of the 20,000 coin in

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I don't even know how to keep track of coin-in, other than my points balance on the screen. Do you count your hands played or use the points meter?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Trusty points meter. Olds, that’s some brutal promo!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

if u play 1000 hands per hour at 5 dollars per hand on average for example how difficult can it be to get an approximation of coin in ?????????????

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

That would be easy. But I personally have no idea of my average hands per hour. I've never really tracked it. Plus, my playing style is probably very different from most here. I usually take turns playing. I'll go through a $20 or double it, then watch my wife do the same. It extends our play time on a limited budget and makes it a more "together" experience. So considering that, I always know where my own bankroll stands, but have no idea at all what the coin-in is at any point.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

And I should have pursued a better denominational blend. Straight halves kills the BR. Maybe an hour of quarter followed by an hour of halves.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

sheer guess work !!

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

are you playing at Resorts in atlantic city? 1 night of gambling confirms what other websites say about their comps and their comps seem to be top rank in AC, id try again but i found a better gaming house than the ones in atlantic city

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

No, Bally’s. Resorts and Bally’s are both drab compared to the competition. Of course, CET is tight with VP Comp.