Venting About Vents

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Venting About Vents

Post by FAA »

I feel a bit uneasy about the car companies making ventilators. They keep stressing how calibrated and precise they are. Hope all specs are precisely followed.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

There is probably a computer program that will tell machines how to make them. The electronics though, I have no idea how much technology will be shared with GM for that part. Guess we would have to be flies on the wall at the plant and even then......wonder if we will get footage of them rolling off assembly lines like a new Impala.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Chevrolet stopped producing Impalas on February 28, 2020.

As for manufacturing and subsequent calibration of ventilators, I'm confident that GM and Ford engineers ( I know a couple) can easily adapt. Qualified service technicians would then do the calibration.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep...... Still miss my 63 Impala SS conv. I didn’t know they were discontinued. My sister in Sonoma had one of the last v8 Impala ss’s made. Unfortunately, she had nothing but trouble with it. And unfortunately, I had a similar story with my 79 z28 I bought new. Absolutely beautiful and great handling car, but way underpowered. 3 rear main bearing seals before 10,000 miles. Couldn’t take the aggrevation and dumped it. Way off track here.....sorry, its the Corona syndrome. But boy did I love that 63. It was 7 years old when I got it. Bored it out to 301 cam headers etc. . Added air shocks It flew. I was in training at the time for my career job in Long Island. I had graduated UCONN but the Mrs. was still there. We were dating at the time. I would leave her dorm late Sunday night and make the 3 hour trip back to Long Island in just over 2. Not much traffic back then and I knew where the Radar traps were.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

I just saw a report on the presidents Defense Production Act to open a GM electronics plant that was shut down and the employees were laid-off. They will be bringing 1,000 workers back to work.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Wow. That's some blessing for them.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

3 hour trip back to LI in just over 2. Not much traffic back then and I knew where the Radar traps were.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You buried the lead. Radar traps in 1970! Amazing.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Actually some years before that. One time up at UCONN ny junkmobile broke down. My dad borrowed my grandfather’s 61 plymouth Fury with a powerful 383 V8 to come get me since his car was in the shop too. Now to my dad, 55 was speeding, but he wasn’t used to a big powerful car. You guessed it, in Middletown Ct, on a long downhill stretch on interstate 91 he got caught in a radar trap. 72 in a 55. Back then, even though he had a perfect driving
record, you had to go to court if you were clocked at 70 or over. He lost an entire day’s pay sitting in court all day and had to pay a stiff fine. Radar detectors were also illegal in Ct back then. I got stopped in a spot check and even though I wasn’t speeding I had it confiscated. Many years after that, I went to get a quote from Geico. They wouldn’t sell me auto insurance because there was still a record that I was stopped for having a radar detector. I had a clean record too.