Golden Eagle Hits

Where do you like to go? Who has good promos? Start a topic for your local area.
Benford's Law
Forum Regular

Re: Golden Eagle Hits

Post by Benford's Law »

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

I don't know whether it is MY site that has changed something or if it is the logic in "Insert Image" here on the forum that has gone flakey.  I don't see any of the images I've hosted showing up here though so it could be on either end.  I'll wait on Webman to see if something has changed here and then will start pounding on GoDaddy.com.  The Royal Hit was a hoot.  I'd been playing Blackjack from around 7pm Friday night until somewhere around 3:30am, non-stop!  I had fluctuated anywhere from 20-units up to 20-units down.  I was pretty much dead even at 3am when my wife came to the table and said she was among the walking dead.  I wanted to finish the show we'd just started so we agreed to leave at 3:30.  As soon as she walked away from my table, the Blackjack Gods contracted diarrhea and I caught the end product.  I went down $100 on $3 bets in that half hour!Life didn't get any better Saturday morning when we stopped in at Sac & Fox.  They actually have better blackjack rules there (+.20%) with the dealer standing on soft 17, but I couldn't make anything happen so we headed back to Golden Eagle after a half hour.After playing pretty much even all morning and afternoon at Golden Eagle, I was unable to recoup either the previous night's loss nor the loss from Sac & Fox but hadn't lost anything more during the 3 or 4 hours at the Eagle.   We were really tired.  I mean REALLY tired and still had a 3.5 hour drive to negotiate straight into the SUN the whole 190 miles on I-35...torture!  I think it was 3pm when we decided to leave but my wife had a chunk in a slot that she wanted to finish off so we set a half hour to clean up.That's when I finally found an open nickel machine in the back with the DDB9/6 and DB9/7 paytables.  I chose DDB because I just didn't want to grind out something on DB choosing rather to take the longer shot on DDB.  A set off 800 credit quads would have been okay but I was shooting for the 2000-credit Aces.I had played the $5 plug on DDB down only to 70 credits when I was dealt the Diamond Royal.  After the hand pay, I still had that 70 credits and hit another 250-credit quad before cashing in with an additional 200 credits.I went to check on Verna and she had just hit a couple of nice bonuses on the Slots and wanted to play the hit down to an even amount, so I headed back to the VP in the back.  An old codger playing there had seen me hit the Royal and as soon as I left, he had grabbed that machine.  The one next to him was open though so I sat down with another $5 plug in it.  The lady sitting on the other side had hit quad deuces for 1000-credits on DW and was making all sorts of noise as she cashed out...coin droppers!  I think I had played the $5 buyin down to 10 credits when I hit the quad aces and all hell broke loose again with the Hallelujah Chorus!I played off the 10 credits and  put another $5 in just a short time, hit a couple more baby quads and cashed out with another 400. One of the best 45 minute sessions I've ever had anywhere!

bigsteve5273@yahoo.c

Post by bigsteve5273@yahoo.c »

Congrats, Mike.  I've been meaning to ask why DDB is so popular with its high variance and lower % pay.  Now I know.    Thanks for all your help and keep ringing up those wins.  

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

BigSteve, be careful of the 180 degree downside to DDB. When you hit, it's like seeing the peak of Everest but if you dry spell as many of us have, you're beneath a snakes belly and droughts are more common than winning streaks(at least for me) but its fun chasing the golden apple.

bigsteve5273@yahoo.c

Thanks for the input, EDC.   Just began learning DDB out of self defense because it looks like FPDW is quickly becoming a thing of the past what with its positive expectation.  Any other positive expectation games common in Vegas?

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

There are still quite a few positive return machines around LV at most denominations. Again, your best bet before you go is to log on to VPFREE and look for the game and denomination which you are seeking. Surprisingly, theres still a few strip properties with positive return machines but they're going fast as the owners are getting savvy to the system.

bigsteve5273@yahoo.c

Thanks for the tip, EDC.  Will do.  Good luck to you.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Thanks for the tip, EDC.  Will do.  Good luck to you. Correction, good luck to both of us!