A new threat from China

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

A new threat from China

Post by olds442jetaway »

Well, Here we go again. This time it is the Chinese Mitten Crab. There is a very informative article in the New Haven Register today. Just google it and read. Myself, being a wanna be Marine Biologist growing up, find this fascinating and disturbing. The bottom line is this.....This is a dangerous species. Invasive, destroys infrastructure, carries all kinds of germs, and if eaten raw or undercooked, has a bacteria that invades the lungs. Not only that, they are survivors and can live in the worst environments. They are shipped here illegally from where else ( China ) destined for where else? New York, for who else? Chinese!!! They can escape from anything and are probably also brought here in the ballast or hulls of tanker ships among other ways. In New York, they have been confiscitated by the tens of thousands. This is some serious stuff as if we don’t have enough to deal with from China already. Notes, I hope you have another blood pressure pill handy after reading about these crabs. I just popped one myself. Stay safe and well all if that is even possible anymore! Just as an aside, never take Physics, Biochemistry, and Parasitology in the same semester. Thinking I was Superman at age 19, I did that and that pretty much ended my Marine Biology days other than maintaining it as one of many hobbies. Back then I needed what we called Gut ( easy ) courses to play catch up with my GPR and the rest is history. After reading about these crabs, guess I will be splitting my leisure time with VP abd volunteering as in the past with our local Marine Research Facility. Fascinating yet scary stuff.