Happenings we sometimes just cannot explain

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Happenings we sometimes just cannot explain

Post by olds442jetaway »

My dad is 96 years young and I am so fortunate to still have him. About 4 years ago, he was still living alone although I only live 3 miles from his house and spent much of my day there. So in this particular day about four years ago, I was on my way over just to check on things maybe help trim some bushes and mow the lawn. At the time, I was still driving my Saturn which had a zillion miles on it and needed regular checking of the oil. I pulled up in front of dad‘s house, popped the hood, and was ready to check the oil and something said to me maybe I better go check on dad first. So I did. Dad was fine but within 10 seconds after I entered the house we both heard this huge crash out front. A good part of the street tree that must have been weakened from a storm a few days prior had come crashing down into the exact spot I would’ve been standing in front of the car to check the oil. It missed the car by an inch or two, but I would have been a goner. As always I had my Catholic relief charities angel coin in my pocket.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I have many animal stories here is just one for now. When I was about 30, I had a beautiful and lovable German Shepherd. He and I were inseparable. I have a small 10 foot aluminum semi V boat that back then I would take to the shore down the end of my street Regularly and take it out for a little fishing if the surf wasn’t too rough. My dog always went with me and loved it. So we got out there with my little 3 hp Sears air cooled engine and I was doing a little drift fishing for flounder which happened to be in at the time. My dog always stayed up near the bow and then helped to balance the weight in the boat as well. He weighed 96 lbs. All of a sudden he moved to the back of the boat right up against me and glared into the water. I said what’s the matter Boy what’s going on? As a peered over myself, I saw a brown shark which are not rare but not very common either close in to shore gliding along with my boat just a foot or so under the water. He was at least as long as my boat. He didn’t bother us but my dog did not move a muscle. I slowly reeled in my line as the shark continued to drift along with us. No doubt he was waiting for a free meal and hopefully it wouldn’t be us. I decided to risk it, pack it in for the day and start the motor but I left it on a very low speed and slowly headed back to Shore. The shark stayed right with us almost all the way in until it got to be too shallow for him and he just disappeared.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

1976 and I'm a freshman in college. I was playing football and pre-pledging for a fraternity so my school work suffered a bit. I wasn't doing good in a math class and had a big test that afternoon.
I walk out of my parents house and see I have a flat tire. I start to change it but realize the spare tire is already on the car. Bus transportation on Long Island is spotty and I need to change buses and then walk about two miles and I have under two hours to do it. As I get to the bus stop, I see the bus in the distance. I'd missed it and the next one was in forty minutes. I'm standing there, feeling hopeless when a car stops and asks if I missed the bus. The driver says -get in, I'll catch the bus for you. Traffic is heavy and its obvious we won't catch up when she asks where I'm going. I tell her to my college and how I have a test in about an hour and how screwed I am. She tells me to relax, that God protects us and sends angels when we need them. She then tells me she will drive me right to my class and its time I stand up and care more about others. It's a twenty minute ride by car and she does almost all the talking. How her son was lost for many years but recently returned to Jesus, how everything in her life is dedicated to Jesus and how Jesus appears before us every day. How you never know if the bum panhandling isn't actually Jesus.
It's getting a bit much and I'm starting to zone he out when she stops the car. Somehow, we are at my building and she wishes me good luck and drives off.
I think about this often, and really don't know what to make of it.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

sounds to me that GOD helped you out ! Thank GOD and thank Her !

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Absolutely wonderful story

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

billryan wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:08 pm
1976 and I'm a freshman in college. I was playing football and pre-pledging for a fraternity so my school work suffered a bit. I wasn't doing good in a math class and had a big test that afternoon.
I walk out of my parents house and see I have a flat tire. I start to change it but realize the spare tire is already on the car. Bus transportation on Long Island is spotty and I need to change buses and then walk about two miles and I have under two hours to do it. As I get to the bus stop, I see the bus in the distance. I'd missed it and the next one was in forty minutes. I'm standing there, feeling hopeless when a car stops and asks if I missed the bus. The driver says -get in, I'll catch the bus for you. Traffic is heavy and its obvious we won't catch up when she asks where I'm going. I tell her to my college and how I have a test in about an hour and how screwed I am. She tells me to relax, that God protects us and sends angels when we need them. She then tells me she will drive me right to my class and its time I stand up and care more about others. It's a twenty minute ride by car and she does almost all the talking. How her son was lost for many years but recently returned to Jesus, how everything in her life is dedicated to Jesus and how Jesus appears before us every day. How you never know if the bum panhandling isn't actually Jesus.
It's getting a bit much and I'm starting to zone he out when she stops the car. Somehow, we are at my building and she wishes me good luck and drives off.
I think about this often, and really don't know what to make of it.
There are good, kind people everywhere. You were fortunate to come across one. BTW, as Paul Harvey might say and now for the rest of the story, how did you do on your math test?