WSOP Final Table Bonus

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
ltlarry
Forum Rookie

WSOP Final Table Bonus

Post by ltlarry »

LOVE this game!! I played it in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and have not found it anywhere else.

Anyone  else play or know where to find it?

pokerfolio
Forum Rookie

Post by pokerfolio »

Caesars Vegas near the entrace to the Forum shops in 25c denom.

wilcoxfun

Post by wilcoxfun »

I am not familiar with this game.  Can you tell us a little about it.

ltlarry
Forum Rookie

Post by ltlarry »

Sure!
Here are the rules for the game World Series of Poker - Final Table Bonus from the Wizard of Odds website, www.wizardofodds.com (This is a great resource for all the math involved in gambling and wonderful advice on all games.) You can find a picture of the game on the Wizards website. WMS makes the game.

I played it and actually went through all the opponents and won the bonus! Really fun!

Rules

Player starts by making two separate but equal bets. One bet I'll call the "video poker" bet and the other the "bonus" bet.
The video poker bet shall play the same as standard video poker.
After the draw in video poker a "Bonus Hand" consisting of two additional cards shall be dealt from a separate 52-card deck.
If there is exactly one ace in the bonus hand, any winnings from the video poker hand will be tripled.
If there are two aces in the bonus hand, any winnings from the video poker hand will be multiplied by nine.
If the bonus hand is a pair of jacks or better then the player will play the Final Table Bonus. If the bonus hand is less than a pair of jacks it is still possible to play the bonus (see rule 15).
In the Final Table Bonus the player will face up to nine opponents, one at a time. The player will start out in tenth place. For each opponent the player beats he shall move up one place. The player shall win according to the place he attains at the end of the bonus round.
In double bonus, any four of a kind in the video poker hand win will be doubled if the player also attains the bonus round. In double double bonus, any four of a kind in the video poker hand win will be quadrupled if the player also attains the bonus round.
The player's bonus hand shall be the player's hole cards against the first opponent. The player may choose to accept these cards or replace them with two random cards from a fresh deck. The player may also trade in his second hand but the third hand shall be final. In other words the player may trade in his hole cards up to two times.
After the player has accepted his initial two-card hand, the opponent will be given two cards from the same deck.
Three community cards (known as the "flop") will be dealt, then a fourth (called the "turn"), and then a fifth called the "river." As this happens, the game will update the probability of winning for both of the two participants.
Both player and opponent will make the best five card poker hand using any combination of his own two hole cards and the five community cards. The higher poker hand wins.
If the player beats or ties the opponent he will advance to the next opponent. With all subsequent opponents the first set of hole cards will be dealt from a freshly shuffled deck.
The player will keep playing until he beats nine opponents or loses trying.
If the player's bonus hand is less than a pair of jacks he may earn a "free seat" in the bonus round. The probability of a free seat bonus round depends on the particular game. As in an earned bonus, the player's first set of hole cards will carry over from the bonus hand.
If the player loses with a four of a kind or higher the player shall win a "Bad Beat Bonus" of 10,000 times the bonus bet. It is my interpretation of the game rules that use of the two hole cards is not required for the bad beat bonus.

wilcoxfun

Post by wilcoxfun »

Thank you Itlarry for information! Congrats for going through the bonus!

dicej32
Forum Newbie

Post by dicej32 »

Red Rock has one machine near the Bingo hall next to the Wizard of Oz slots.

spxChrome
VP Veteran

Post by spxChrome »

Yes love it also, they have it at Harrahs in Vegas, Tunica and New Orleans.  Won the WSOP at all 3 once on $1 which was $15 a spin for $3200+.  I usually keep Q9 or better at the table and do pretty good up the latter.  Don't keep tossing cards looking for those pairs.