Protest

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Re: Protest

Post by Carcounter »

What about the lasers? Permanently blinded. You ok with this?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Have I ever posted anything that would give you the impression I was in favor of people shooting lasers into peoples eyes? Good Gawd, is common sense really that rare around here?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

one would have thought being opposed to;

-rioters, looters, anarchists was common sense
-the country that sent us the chinese virus was common sense
-the country that steals intellectual property, corp secrets, state secrets, science/medicine/research secrets, profited off the pandemic they created would all be common sense
-throwing cement, bricks, bats, frozen water bottles at cops, was common sense
-destroying public and private property, intimidating innocent citizens, ruining small businesses was common sense.

it is apparently not 'common sense' for many dems to be opposed to all of the above.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

-gov cuomo orders covid sick elderly to be sent to nursing homes with healthy folks. result...disaster.
-de blasio is almost universally considered a terrible mayor.
-NYS and NJ have almost 30% of all chinese virus deaths
-NYS and NJ lead the nation is population exodus
-due to bad leadership, financial stupidity, over taxation, covid, NYC is losing population
-large dem run cities are experiencing mayhem, rioting, destruction and looting

and yet, i never any dems criticize any of these events. never! it is not that dems don't criticize, they never stop beating on trump and trump supporters. but, never against another dem or dem policy. conservatives on this site have routinely found fault with trump.

how can you believe anything a liberal would say, when they never admit to being wrong. you can't.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

NYC has lost about 50,000 people in the last two years.
Why you ask?
Donald Trump.
NYC is a city of immigrants. Always has been, always will be. When the doors are open, of course.
By the way, the 2010 Census projection for NYC was population would grow and peak in 2017/2018.
I guess they knew your dems were going to ruin the place
- the last approval poll I see on NYCs Mayor is from May and gives him a 61% approval rating.
I see a July NY State poll that has him at 42% but who cares what people not in his jurisdiction think.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

according to economics21.og, NYC lost 53,000 residents, in 2019 alone, not last 2 years. mistake or lie?

think it is improving wannabee?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm pretty sure you are confusing the NY Metro area with NYC.

It's interesting that you use numbers from a right-wing think tank with a decidedly anti-NYC bias when the city, state and the federal government all offer the same information.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

billryan wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:06 pm
I'm pretty sure you are confusing the NY Metro area with NYC.

It's interesting that you use numbers from a right-wing think tank with a decidedly anti-NYC bias when the city, state, and the federal government all offer the same information.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i am not confusing anything.

first, cuomo helps murder thousands of elderly. then, your hero does as you want the rest of the country to do....shut down. there are many business articles describing what a dire effect those shutdowns have had on NY businesses and employees. many have gone under, many will never come back and others are taking their businesses elsewhere.

but, by all means, the state had to stay wide open for looters and rioters. how dumb do you folks think people are?

and, while the damage continues, cuomo is begging wealthy folks to come back and bail him out, by paying excessive taxes. well, the u-hauls are only going in one direction...out of NY.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Home prices are rising in Ct. Savy and brazen New Yorkers are even going door to door asking mainly elderly residents if they want to sell. Can’t say as I blame them. When you have mayors like NYC has, I would have bailed long before the virus. I find it almost comical on how law abiding citizens who may have never even had a traffic ticket are scorned and the criminals allowed to run rampant with zero punishment.