Attempted Hack

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Attempted Hack

Post by FAA »

I opened Instagram to a disturbing message today. Someone attempted to log in to my account from Trushkavets, Ukraine. Instagram asked whether this was me. I clicked no. They directed me to change my password. I never choose anything too difficult, so I suspect that I may well have to do this all over again within a year. Why the hell would they pick me, of all the successful Americans they have to choose from? I'm just a humble guy with ninety followers!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Did you change your password using a link they sent you?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

No. I had to do it directly from their own website. They then sent me an email confirming that it was changed and that it was indeed me changing it.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Much like David on 90 Day Fiance, have you been shopping for Ukrainian brides FAA?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

FAA wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:20 pm
No. I had to do it directly from their own website. They then sent me an email confirming that it was changed and that it was indeed me changing it.
If I were you, I'd change it again.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I appreciate the advice. The email sealed the deal for me. Accurate headers and footers, standard boilerplate language. Password is auto saved on my phone and PC, so hopefully I’ll never actually be using it again.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

You wouldn’t believe the junk email I get on my iphone. Think of every subject and issue an average 72 year old guy has to worry about and I get a junk email for it. By the way Ted, Mohegan Sun has some absolutely beautiful and friendly employees from Ukraine, Poland, and even Russia. Most got furloughed with the virus. Their accents would just melt you as well. Hmmmmm, I see I am being paged by the Mrs. I guess her ears were ringing.