california fires

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
fudgy
Forum Newbie

california fires

Post by fudgy »

The fires in california are very scarey right now. I am living up north and we have so many active fires that the air is full of ask and particles that make you cough constantly. Southern calif is no better off, but somewhat contained. My sister is in Santa Cruz and is emergency radio trained and doing volunteer shifts with CAL FIRE daily. She holds one of the highest level licenses and therefore is pulled in daily for duty to satisfy their insurance needs. While doing so, her own home in the Santa Cruz mountains is under evac watch! Please say a prayer for out firefighters and volunteers and those who may lose all they have due to lightening strikes or arsonists. thank you.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

You people are in my thoughts and prayers. I got my fire alert about a possible evacuation due to fires about two months ago, and it is very unsettling. Several people in my camp are wall workers from Northern Cal and told me some crazy stories about the Paradise fire.
Stay safe, and please don't be foolish.
Did you see the man who saved his garage by pouring cans of beer on the fire when the water shut off?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

My sister lives in Sonoma. They are packed and ready to go at a moment’s notice. Air quality is terrible as well. Horrible situation out there. I am a wreck every time my phone rings. They had a close call in 2017. These are worse. Lightning strikes are to blame for most of them.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

The smoke from the California fires is drifting east, and the smoke from the Colorado fires is drifting west, and they should meet someplace in western Utah causing unsafe conditions for anyone with breathing issues.