BIDEN

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: BIDEN

Post by Tedlark »

I remember posting a comment here in these forums a couple months ago where I stated that: "if President Biden DID have a COVID-19 plan, why then wasn't he revealing details of "his" plan over the course of his presidential run?" I went on to say that I didn't think that then candidate Biden HAD a plan after all. Another poster responded by telling me that then candidate Biden revealed his COVId-19 plan in March, 2020.

Hmm....

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

biden said today that, the US and it's international partners, must hold China accountable for it's economic practices. further, he said, we have to push back against the chinese government abuses and coercion. also, everyone must play by the same rules.

i seem to recall the previous potus saying essentially the same thing. of course, biden is used to stealing others work.

but, previously, biden's comments were mocking trump, china's going to eat our lunch...c'mon man. also said, they(china) are not competition to us.

it was robert gates, obama's defense sec'y that famously said, i think biden has been wrong on nearly every foreign policy and national security issue over the past 4 decades.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Biden and Trump were both right when it comes to needing to hold China accountable. The question is, can we do so effectively. My guess is their approaches to the issue will be very different.

China waited out Trump's trade war without giving in to some of the core demands.

Now I'm curious about Biden's plans for Trump's tariffs and also what sort of leverage he intends to wield in order to enforce the accountability he demands. Rolling back the crazy level of aid to farmers that almost all of the tarrifs went towards may not be too popular either. Always harder to take away than to give. I'm sure Biden would have preferred to move forward with a China policy based on the Obama years. But he's going to have to navigate from a very different position now.

Hopefully he can take some of the positives that Trump brought and negotiate from there, resisting the urge to simply "undo" Trump's policies entirely, which would almost certainly play right into China's hands.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

trump was attempting to hold china accountable, longgggg before joe has apparently come to the same conclusion. biden NEVER talked tough about china, heck, his son was/still is making money from them.

as far as how to get there, no idea what biden will propose, but, my guess, both biden and other leaders will be soft.

as to trumps strategy, what incentive was there for china to do anything. unlike you, i am confident they saw the non stop bias media coverage, the dems/liberals/trump haters trying to disrupt everything he did, and if those failed to get trump out, they sent the virus here to screw our economy and most other countries as well. funny, the country that started the whole pandemic, was the only country to benefit.

american citizens just wanted the chinese virus to go away and things to get back to normal. if that didn't happen, whoever was potus, was not going to be re-elected. china would much rather deal with genius joe.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Like you said, no idea what Biden will propose. I'm not sure who he even has working on China policy. So we'll see. Our relationship with China today is a lot different than it was when Biden dealt with them previously, and so are his words. He is sounding a lot less cooperative currently so it should be interesting.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

notes1 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:37 am
trump was attempting to hold china accountable, longgggg before joe has apparently come to the same conclusion. biden NEVER talked tough about china, heck, his son was/still is making money from them.

as far as how to get there, no idea what biden will propose, but, my guess, both biden and other leaders will be soft.

as to trumps strategy, what incentive was there for china to do anything. unlike you, i am confident they saw the non stop bias media coverage, the dems/liberals/trump haters trying to disrupt everything he did, and if those failed to get trump out, they sent the virus here to screw our economy and most other countries as well. funny, the country that started the whole pandemic, was the only country to benefit.

american citizens just wanted the chinese virus to go away and things to get back to normal. if that didn't happen, whoever was potus, was not going to be re-elected. china would much rather deal with genius joe.
The entire trump family was making money from China, and still is.
How does one even attempt to have an intelligent conversation with someone who thinks China sent over a virus?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

what is your PROOF that the chinese virus, did not come from china? what PROOF that china did not know the virus was being sent, via folks traveling from there to multiple countries? what PROOF that the virus was NOT developed in a lab, near wuhan? is it just a coincidence that china was buying PPE from around the world, before we all knew what was happening?

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Eduardo wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:49 am
Like you said, no idea what Biden will propose. I'm not sure who he even has working on China policy. So we'll see. Our relationship with China today is a lot different than it was when Biden dealt with them previously, and so are his words. He is sounding a lot less cooperative currently so it should be interesting.
why is it that biden did not talk tough about china until recently?

couldn't be because that would have validated much of what trump was saying about china? or his son/family was/is making money from china? why was it that i never heard leading dems/liberals say anything negative about china, until after election? could it be they wanted to stick trump with all the blame for the chinese virus, instead of blaming the source?

felix

Post by felix »

Notes:
The election is long over. Biden won by the second largest margin of the past 6 presidential elections. Now he's your president. Already the number of COVID-19 cases are decreasing, even as the daily number of vaccinations has increased. You can worry yourself to death about what China did or didn't do and if China should or should not be punished, but the president's first priority is to end the pandemic crisis in the United States --- a priority that is finally attainable, thanks to a new administration. It's been four extremely rough years for our country, but that nightmare is now behind us. Normalcy will return before long, and President Biden will Make America Great Again.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

felix wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:29 pm
Notes:
The election is long over. Biden won by the second largest margin of the past 6 presidential elections. Now he's your president. Already the number of COVID-19 cases are decreasing, even as the daily number of vaccinations has increased. You can worry yourself to death about what China did or didn't do and if China should or should not be punished, but the president's first priority is to end the pandemic crisis in the United States --- a priority that is finally attainable, thanks to a new administration. It's been four extremely rough years for our country, but that nightmare is now behind us. Normalcy will return before long, and President Biden will Make America Great Again.
Thanks to a new administration ???? Trumps warp speed gave us the vaccine !!! Your short term memory is shorting out !! president babble can use a man like you !!!