First royal flush on min bet

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
NotSoMuch
Forum Rookie

Re: First royal flush on min bet

Post by NotSoMuch »

I didn't save it but good to know I can post screenshots. I can't find the thread but I'll post this one from last week.

Even after this win, plus four straight flushes and three quad 2s, I still busted my bankroll on quarter bets. That's why I quit TDB. Rare wins don't mean much with pocket change wagers.

NotSoMuch
Forum Rookie

Post by NotSoMuch »

So it's been an interesting weekend. I decided to go fool around with slots and ended up quadrupling my bankroll. Now that I had some breathing room, I went back to video poker and continued to hit quad after quad and pushed the bankroll up another 50%.

Seeing all these quads go to waste, I increased my bet to $5 and at that very moment, I hit a terrible losing streak. No quads, only a single full house and no flushes at all. I nearly completely busted. As an experiment, I dropped down to dimes to see how long this was going to last. I've been at this for hours and have yet to hit even one flush, let alone anything higher.

Whatever this is, I can't afford to put in more money so I think I'm hanging up my gaming hat for awhile. Thanks for all the tips. I hope to do a Vegas trip in the near future but I'll have to see how the next year plays out.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

NotSoMuch wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:53 pm
Seeing all these quads go to waste, I increased my bet to $5 and at that very moment, I hit a terrible losing streak. No quads, only a single full house and no flushes at all. I nearly completely busted.
That is a perfect example of why I am so averse to increasing my denomination just because I'm having a good day - i.e., win small - lose big.

It's too bad that happened to you, but you simply have to be prepared for the fact that if you play a lot of video poker, you will have many losing sessions.

NotSoMuch
Forum Rookie

Post by NotSoMuch »

I continued the dime bet losing streak until I got down to my last $10, at which point I was dealt a straight flush. That's a 1-in-72193 chance. More betting resulted in an unusual number of quads and flushes that continued for several more hours.

This is the third time I have had a losing streak down to $10 just to have it miraculously turn around, but not enough to make a difference unless I make another deposit. I suppose I'm being paranoid but I'm not too keen on these kinds of bizarre occurrences happening on the regular.

I think you're right though. Keeping the wager consistent will at least keep the bankroll healthy through downturns.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

NotSoMuch,
Welcome to the forum and continue posting.