60 years ago.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
TripleTriple
VP Veteran

60 years ago.

Post by TripleTriple »

I was not yet a year old when JFK was assassinated on a sunny day in Dallas. We were supposed to have the files revealed after 50 years I believe but I guess someone decided we weren't ready for that yet...

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I was 8 months old when the world changed that fateful day. They'll release the files right after the sun sets in the east.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I was on a school bus. High school. Going home. Someone told us before the bus left. Glued to our black and white tv after that. Watched as Jack Ruby shot Oswald……Thousands of documents about what happened still have not been released.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:09 pm
I was on a school bus. High school. Going home. Someone told us before the bus left. Glued to our black and white tv after that. Watched as Jack Ruby shot Oswald……Thousands of documents about what happened still have not been released.
It was the school bus for me on the day of Reagan assassination attempt. What a waste- trying to impress Jodie Foster? Turns out it wasn't going to work regardless.

Everybody knows Oswald shot Kennedy and Ruby shot Oswald. And Booth shot Lincoln. But who shot Booth?

Are you a Pisces too Ted?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

At the time, I was a fourth year civil engineering student at the University of Toronto. On that date, we were on a field trip to New York City to see some of the major civil engineering accomplishments in the area. I don't recall very much about the trip except the eeriness of it all.