Programmed Randomness

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
Jstark
Video Poker Master

Re: Programmed Randomness

Post by Jstark »

I have seen or noticed anything different.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Have sat down to play a machine and hit a full house or a quad more times than I can count on deal 1,2, or 3. Then absolutely nothing after that.

applepear86

Post by applepear86 »

FAA wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:18 am
What sucks is when you lower your bet to try to play out the bad luck, but then everything starts hitting. You switch back up, goes back to garbage. I'll never forget my dealt four 3s and a kicker on penny denom 100 hand machine when wasting the trash luck was my goal; with 10 hands highlighted measly 50 cent bet. I wanted to pull my hair out and scream.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've always remembered your "ride out the bad luck" strategy, since you made a killing when you returned to VP. It must have been so satisfying to formulate and implement that when you were riding high off those triumphs. In actuality, it works until it doesn't. Maybe better to reset the machine by switching games, which I understand that activates. There's nothing worse on a trip than being caught short coining and staring at a wasted premium hand. I start out low, I get blown away with a quad or more. I come out guns blazing and get humbled into scaling down, the big hand appears. Last trip I got the right karma.
I like it and stick by it on single hand Bonus and JOB.

In that scenario I was describing, I was flat betting on 10 hand ddb on different machines, and the cards were so bad on all the machines, it was a money weed wacker. I had to do something lol. There was no strategy, it was hopeless damage control.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Jstark wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:50 am
I have seen or noticed anything different.
That should be haven't, not "have".

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Scenario I was describing, I was flat betting on 10 hand DDB on different machines, and the cards were so bad on all the machines, it was a money weed wacker.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yikes. Frying pan into the fire. Reminds me of Resorts AC on many occasions. I have since banished it from my menu. Flee or be fleeced.