How often should you change numbers?

Keno fans discuss their favorite game
RRat
Forum Newbie

How often should you change numbers?

Post by RRat »

Having the opportunity on this site to try different strategies, I have not come up with a good basis for changing numbers on a regular basis of any type. Nor have I found a more beneficial way of determining how many numbers to play. Some days it seems as if a lower quantity of numbers pays off better, while other days a higher quantity of numbers plays better.
And then, do you think close groups of numbers are better to play than spread out numbers?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

RRat wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:44 am
Having the opportunity on this site to try different strategies,
Do you really think there is a "strategy" for keno?

RRat
Forum Newbie

Post by RRat »

If you watch the videos of more seasoned players, they seem to believe there are strategies. That's why I am asking. I don't find any benefit either way.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

RRat wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:38 am
If you watch the videos of more seasoned players, they seem to believe there are strategies. That's why I am asking. I don't find any benefit either way.
They're wrong!

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

As far as picking numbers on a single card go... it's just random and no patterns or switching of numbers will help. Sometimes it will pay off, sometimes it won't. If you try a bunch of things, that can lead people to believe it was the changes that helped, when in reality it was just that your numbers happened to come up that time.

When it comes to keno with more than one card however, there certainly would be strategies that impact the volatility and your experience with the game.

For example, if you pick the same numbers on all 20 cards in a multi-card keno game, you aren't going to get a winning card as often but when you do win, your wins will be much bigger.

If you were to pick different numbers on all 20 cards, you would get winning cards 20x as often, but you wouldn't win as much per hit.

So for multi-card games, I would definitely say there are changes/strategies you can employ to tailor the experience to what you are looking for with your bankroll to create some very different experiences. But none of those strategies are going to impact the long term results for you in that game.

Joe_King
Forum Newbie

Post by Joe_King »

good stuff

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Reminds me of playing all 20 lines in spin poker Deluxe in VP. The small wins rarely cover the losses. You wait for that one great dealt hand. Usually need a big bankroll and lots of hours of play time. I find 3-5 lines to be the best balance and even then…….😬