Bizarro World 2024!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Bizarro World 2024!

Post by onemoretry »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:44 pm
Up here with the Mrs. She is usually my other good luck charm. So far so good. 98.8 pay table. That’s the best I can find of the 800 for bet one machines. This game I like, but the swings can be wild. I never checked the variance compared to DDB my guess is it must be similar.
My understanding is that the variance of the single line version of that deuces wild bonus game is around 32, whereas DDB is about 42.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 am
My usual is to play another 1,000 hands before bailing out. Sometimes more sometimes less. I have never hit a second Royal in that time on the same machine.
So? Royals are, as we all know, rare. We often endure thousands of hands without one. Why anyone would think that not hitting one in a particular 1000 hand session is unusual is beyond me.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yes. I guess we all have it in back of our mind, but I never count on one. I do dwell on hitting quad Deuces or 5 Aces though. Without those, I can’t win at Bonus Deuces Wild with the Clone. Thanks for the numbers on the variance.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The last few sessions except except one have put me well into the red for 2024. The Mrs. and I tried to make the best of it by having a nice dinner and catching a late night movie in the room on HBO. I may take another trip up tomorrow night, just myself, But it will be not dollars this time nickels and dimes maybe quarters. The room is already reserved. Our forecast calls for believe it or not more heavy rain in my basement is begging me for a break. Good thing I replaced the sump pump a couple of months ago and caught the water before it got more than an inch high in the basement. I think we have broken all the records this year for a high water table and amounts of rain.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks OTA

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

My usual is to play another 1,000 hands before bailing out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't bother. Get the check and ditch the wreck. I'd feel so struck by lightning, the last thing I want to do is give back a dollar of it. The mind just instructs me to take flight. Wheels up in FAA parlance.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am
My usual is to play another 1,000 hands before bailing out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't bother. Get the check and ditch the wreck. I'd feel so struck by lightning, the last thing I want to do is give back a dollar of it. The mind just instructs me to take flight. Wheels up in FAA parlance.
Um, (insert spinning eyeballs here.)..

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Olds, if your dental appointment today went as well as did mine, you will be a happy camper. I was facing the possibility of removing an existing, old crown to enable access to some decay underneath it, but the dentist was able to get at it through the side of the tooth and preserve the crown. I probably saved at least a 25c royal.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Fantastic. I had my permanent crown installed and paid the balance. Insurance covers very little. You saved a Royal and then some. 👍 nickels and dimes only tonight at Mohegan. Finally getting to breakfast now. Just finished up at the dentist.