Borgata AC

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Re: Borgata AC

Post by jetermacaw »

I don't quite follow that last part about "unadvertised" games, what is that exactly; I get that you earned a swipe of some sort of kiosk promotional game that won you 125 bucks

They send out emails about these random promotions, “which I don’t get”, but my brother who is a strictly slot player gets. You have to earn a certain slot dollar amount during a specific time of day to qualify, with the top dollar amount being $2500.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Spring Shakeup Kiosk Game
Wednesday, April 10 & 17
Play your favorite slot machine to earn $2 Slot Dollars!
Swipe your MGM Rewards™ Card at any MGM Rewards™ Kiosk between 1 PM - 8 PM to play the Spring Shakeup FREEPLAY® Kiosk Game!
Don't miss out on a chance to get an extra kiosk game!
Simply play on Wednesday, April 10 to receive a complimentary game on Wednesday, April 17.
FREEPLAY® must be downloaded at any kiosk before 8 PM.

Karl_EDT

Post by Karl_EDT »

jetermacaw wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:50 am
I don't quite follow that last part about "unadvertised" games, what is that exactly; I get that you earned a swipe of some sort of kiosk promotional game that won you 125 bucks

They send out emails about these random promotions, “which I don’t get”, but my brother who is a strictly slot player gets. You have to earn a certain slot dollar amount during a specific time of day to qualify, with the top dollar amount being $2500.
Thanks for the information and explaining what is going on; I never heard of this before ever! It makes sense since they want people to play slots, but I really don't undertsnad why they don't simply get rid of all the VP if they really are not going to give the players anything back on VP. It's extremely frustrating and annoying that they all have become so blatant in their greed and lack of concern for their customers.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

They know players are hooked on VP and desperately need their fix. What makes no sense to you makes dollars to them. It’s like putting items on sale at supermarkets as loss leaders. Traffic is their lifeblood.
I get decent Resorts monthly mailers. Not that I’m craving free or discounted weekday rooms, but it’s a nice gesture. They’re always chock full of incentive items nearly every damn day as well. Of course, I never actually generate any points due to my VP habit. So they’re also on the whole useless. It’s been a bankroll cemetery my last few trips, so I’m reluctant to return.

Karl_EDT

Post by Karl_EDT »

FAA wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:12 pm
They know players are hooked on VP and desperately need their fix. What makes no sense to you makes dollars to them. It’s like putting items on sale at supermarkets as loss leaders. Traffic is their lifeblood.
I get decent Resorts monthly mailers. Not that I’m craving free or discounted weekday rooms, but it’s a nice gesture. They’re always chock full of incentive items nearly every damn day as well. Of course, I never actually generate any points due to my VP habit. So they’re also on the whole useless. It’s been a bankroll cemetery my last few trips, so I’m reluctant to return.

Just so I understand this post correctly, you are saying Resorts sends you free play but you don't earn anything due to your videopoker "habit"? So you are earning decent comps and free play from playing slots and other things at Resorts, just not VP.....correct? If that is the case I myself wouldn't be surprised if Bankrolls wound up in the graveyard. But I appreciate your candor Faa and for verifying that Resorts has absolutely not changed their policies and customer approach at all in the past 11-12 years, give or take

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

No. I somehow earn mailers, but never played slots anywhere. I just don’t earn the points required to monetize mailer benefits beyond the rooms, which are largely irrelevant during the week. The $38 in fees aren’t exactly a bargain anyway. It’s a dismal place for VP and really any gambling.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

At the B Bar yesterday watched a gentleman hit for $20,000. $5, TDB, aces with kicker.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

jetermacaw wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:48 am
At the B Bar yesterday watched a gentleman hit for $20,000. $5, TDB, aces with kicker.
A beautiful sight. I could use one (or more) next trip.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

TT was in the building for a $64,000 Harrah's Five Star Poker Valentine's Day win. You're both so tantalizingly close to remarkable riches. I marvel at $4,000 winners. Keep up the good work for us sideline warriors!

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

jetermacaw wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:48 am
How was the crowd? Was there a lot of people there?
I was down over the weekend. It was not crowded for a Saturday or a Sunday. Not like when Boyd gamming was running the show.
Is it MGM cutbacks or the economy.