MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by olds442jetaway »

Listen to Stocks with Josh very late last night also looked into a little bit more what warren Buffett was doing. Dumped my shares in Apple this morning and made a quick small buck on it so far it’s headed straight down today, but who knows it’s still a great company.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The markets are opening higher today due to a slight reduction in core inflation. Funny they always fail to mention say a 3 percent number is still an increase over a ridiculous inflation amount to begin with. I wonder if any of them ever pump their own gas, put some groceries on a conveyor belt, or pay attention to what young graduates have to pay for a decent rent, or see a young couple giving up on owning their first home. I doubt it. I know one thing that would help. Stop heading this Country toward doom with Trillion Dollar Deficits and spending money like a “ drunken sailor “ Funny, that’s what’s pumping the markets up for now. Massive Government spending. They are strapped to the table and the razor sharp pendulum is sinking a little bit at a time. I can’t remember what movie that was from, but I can almost feel that blade now. For now, take the money and run.

notes12
Forum Newbie

Post by notes12 »

the markets are (currently) higher because (some) investors are betting that the inflation number will persuade the FED to lower interest rates.

high interest rates offer those with money to put those dollars in higher paying fixed returns, with no investment risk.

stock investors want that opportunity to be eliminated, so the only place one can get the possibility of a decent return, is in the stock market.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep. Most analysts before today’s cpi were Predicting 2 to 3 fed rate cuts before the end of the year as of yesterday. I’m predicting none or at most one. One more interesting thing I had a CD with Chase Bank at a 5.7 rate get called today by Chase. I guess they are banking on lower interest rates sooner than later.

notes12
Forum Newbie

Post by notes12 »

one can currently get over 5% guaranteed interest for 10 years.

agree with your "deficit" spending comments. current administration spent too much on giving away money. all with borrowed funds. that is why inflation has been high.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

At least when the CDs got called, they defaulted into a money market getting 4.98. That may not last too much longer. I’ll have to make a decision today or tomorrow somewhere between a year or five year. A year is still 5.4 and 5 year is 5.3. At least if they’re in an IRA they will compound tax-free. Probably one of the few that still think a major correction in the market is coming. I think it may start shortly after the first federal rate cut if not before.

notes12
Forum Newbie

Post by notes12 »

one can get over 5.5% interest on 10 year fixed annuity. cannot be called, rate locked for entire 10 years, penalties for early withdrawal, annual free withdrawals no penalty. funds grow tax deferred.

qualify for qualified and n/q monies.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks all set on annuities already

notes12
Forum Newbie

Post by notes12 »

was not trying to sell you on something. I am old/retired. just providing info for those who might not be aware of how to get a 5+% rate for an extended time.

a lot of folks believe that one must annuitize ALL annuities.

glad you are all set!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks. I thought exactly as you said.