Bizarro World 2024!

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Bizarro World 2024!

Post by onemoretry »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:24 pm
Thank you. Was a crazy session will probably never be repeated ....
Hey, this is video poker. One thing you have to accept is that you should never say never.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

😂 I said that once after going 600,000 hands without a Royal. I certainly jinxed that statement. It got repeated sooner than later😬. Maybe I should say, I think I will, It has been several million hands since I had a dealt Royal. I guess I will never get another one. I also have never had Royals within a few minutes apart. 😂
Thanks for reminding me OMT. If either works, I will owe you a paid for trip to Mohegan Sun.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Hope it repeats for you Olds. Anything is possible.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I’ll get there just as soon as AC serves me a RF. Itching to get a few hours in next trip.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:46 pm
I’ll get there just as soon as AC serves me a RF. Itching to get a few hours in next trip.

Best of luck to you, FAA.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Ditto

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

We have a Bizarro overnight planned for tomorrow evening. I will be surprised if “ my machine “ is even still there.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

I struggle to understand how you can presume "your" machine will be pulled after winning the equivalent of a single $1 royal flush. Certainly many others have lost thousands on that same machine. MS is not considering only your result.

With respect to this winning trip, you haven't registered a blip on their radar screen. Many people have won 400k on VP and the machine is not removed. Management takes an aggregate long term perspective on results.

Congrats- enjoy your recent success and yes, it very well may continue. Given the number of trips and millions of hands played, it's surprising you haven't had more sessions like this. Your dealt royal awaits.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Thanks. Hope so. Years ago at Foxwoods, on a DDS machine, I was dealt a Royal either a few weeks or a month apart. They yanked the next day after the second Royal for 5k. I asked a slot attendant I knew well where the machine went too. He said it was pulled for maintenance. I never saw it again. Regarding this machine, I had hit it about five years ago for 18k by getting dealt 4 deuces with an Ace on multiple lines. I also had been hitting the machine and getting quite a few Royals with less than 5 coins in at 800 for bet one. Almost immediately after one of those great sessions, I think the next day, I hit a Royal with bet 2 bucks and it only paid 500. Of course I said WTF and when I checked the paytable, they had changed it to having to bet 15 bucks to get paid the correct amount for the Royal. I thought it was an error, but they said no. Of course Myself and almost everyone else left it unplayed for I think it was a year or more. Finally, after my complaining to the higher ups and asking them to check my overall record on that machine and their take on it before and after, they put it back to paying 800 for bet one on the Royal or 940 for bet one on Joker Kings. The reason I’m afraid they will pull it or change it again is I am now ahead for the year on this machine. Very few play it. I mean almost none because there are so few remaining VP players left. I used to have to wait to get this machine. Now I just walk in and get any machine I want weekdays and even weekends if it is late.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:55 am
The reason I’m afraid they will pull it or change it again is I am now ahead for the year on this machine.
Lol. A lot of people are ahead on lots of machines for the year. And so what if it were to get removed? Your luck is not dependent on that machine, right?