NFL Playoffs

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
JHock12
Forum Regular

NFL Playoffs

Post by JHock12 »

What do you think about the upcoming playoffs?  My New York Jets are going to Foxboro to take on Brady and Darth Belichick.  Who do you like to win the Bowl?  If you're in Vegas who are you betting on?  Do you even care?  NYJ 20 NE 17(here's hoping)  PHI 27 NYG 7  INDY 35 KC 14  SEA 24 DAL 10 are my picks.  Let's Go Chad!

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

I do like them Chargers. They seem to be for real, for a change.
The colts will stumble again and poor Chicago's luck will run out.

The Jets or Pats could be in the big game.

JHock12
Forum Regular

Post by JHock12 »

Oh well, my Jets are headed to the golf course.  It was a good and surprising season and the future looks very bright.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

I really don't care for play off games being won on last minute field goals.
Seems sort of sissyfied. That seems to happen alot. A new rule no field goals in the 4th quarter in playoff games and the super bowl.

JHock12
Forum Regular

Post by JHock12 »

Could the Bolts possibly have choked any more than they did sunday?  I know it sounds like sour grapes but the Pats got handed a game they had no business winning-kudos to them for taking advantage of some of the most bizarre plays I've seen in 37 years of watching football-go Colts and go Saints.  Sheesh!

JHock12
Forum Regular

Post by JHock12 »

What a shame, Brady and Darth Belichick(Eric, I am your father)lost.  Breaks my heart.  I am no fan of Peyton or the Colts, but it was nice to see him get the monkey off his back and send the Pats to the golf course.  As far as the Saints go, I was rooting hard for them because a very close friend of mine who was a Saint season-ticket holder back in the day passed away a few years ago and he would have been in his glory watching his team play in the championship game.  I really don't know who to root for in the big game so I just hope my numbers come out in my box pool at my favorite watering hole.  Good luck to all on your Super wagers and pools.  (Next year-the Jets?)

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

The Saints thing was outrageous. The team never practiced outdoors at all, and traveled from the mild New Orleans climate to Chicago, where the wind chill at game time was 13, and you saw the snow. The "experts" kept saying that didn't make any difference but you saw the fumbles and missed passes. If that game had been played in the SuperDome it would have had a different outcome.

I am not taking anything away from Chicago; I just do not think the Saints properly prepared for the climate factor. The minute the Saints organization knew they were playing in Chicago in mid-January, they should have lined up a community college field in the Chicago area and practiced there for at least three or four days --- at least!!

This is based on my own experience of living in a deep South state, yet frequently traveling to Chicago and other Yankee cities. That cold wind makes it hard to move, much less think, if you are not prepared for it! Hey, do people really live in Chicago during the winter when there isn't a playoff game scheduled?

Also, not having McAllister hurt the Saints more than some people realize.

As for the SuperBowl, I say Colts, 35-17.

JHock12
Forum Regular

Post by JHock12 »

As an AFC fan, I was happy for Peyton and Dungy.  Hopefully many of my good friends on this board won some scratch on the game or their box pools.  I missed out on $700 by one point-oh well better luck next year and only a few weeks till pitchers & catchers(let's go METS)! P.S. People in Chi-town are killing Grossman-he didn't play defense and neither did the Bears.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

Well...looking back at my post of January 29, I am not terribly embarrassed by my 35-17 prediction...the actual score was 29-17 and my winning tochdown was the one that was called back.