betting 1 credit per hand

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
pacificblue6
Forum Newbie

betting 1 credit per hand

Post by pacificblue6 »

Hi Board,
I recently came back from LV with my wife.  We were both playing 50 play poker machines next to each other playing pennies.  I was playing the max 5 credits per hand for 50 hands and not doing well jumping from game to game. My wife was doing much better than me, playing 1 credit per hand for 25 hands.  I couldn't believer her luck playing deuces wild. The bottom hand she was dealt 3 deuces and hit numerous 4 deuces when she draw.  A few plays later she was dealt a 4 card Royal with the deuce!!! Question: Are the machines looser if you play 1 credit minimum instead of 5 credit maxium?
Thanks, Steve

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Nope. Not from what everybody says. Each deal  is suppose to be equally random.
I hear what you are saying and wondered the same myself. Sometimes it seems like the opposite. Where you get better results playing 5 credits.
Go figure! Who knows for sure .

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Question: Are the machines looser if you play 1 credit minimum instead of 5 credit maxium?
Thanks, Steve

For class III VP machines: Each hand is determined by the RNG when you press the deal/max bet button. Each draw is determined by the RNG when you press draw. It is illegal for class III machines to operate otherwise in most jurisdictions.

Personally, I have seen people playing short coin and up their bet to max coin and hit a jackpot on the first hand. I have also seen people playing max coin and drop down for one hand and hit what would have been a nice jackpot. I played short coin years ago and had no better or worse luck than I now do playing max coin. All this just reinforces my statement above.

macaroo
Forum Rookie

Post by macaroo »

I am one who likes to start at a single quarter and work my way up to max credits on the DWs machine.  I liken it to pushing a boulder up a hill.  Sometimes I can get it to the top and other times it rolls backwards.  When I hit a big hand, out comes a pay off ticket.  I have found that this technique gives me the longest play time with my quite limited bankroll.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Macaroo,
Explain futher how you do that. Start at 1 quarter, then 2 , 3 4, 5.?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

If you bet small you will never win as big as you can betting big but if you bet big you can lose faster too. Some people here bet big and won a ton.  See the area about stories.  it would have been sad if they only bet one and won $10,000 instead of $50,000.  Well, not sad because i would like $10,000 but $50,000 is amazing. The odds of hitting for $50,000 once must be better than hitting $10,000 five times betting single.