macromedia flash

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
grandpa
Forum Rookie

macromedia flash

Post by grandpa »

When I try to open a game a message says I need macromedia flash - this wasn't needed yesterday . The download shows "succesful" but the same message comes up Is this a windows vists issue?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Please make sure you have the latest version of the flash player by going here:http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download ... waveFlashI believe I read that your Internet Explorer security settings needs to be medium or lower (not "high") for the flash player to work properly.

grandpa
Forum Rookie

Post by grandpa »

Thanks for the quick reply.It worked.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Thanks for the quick reply.It worked.

Which one? New program or security setting?

grandpa
Forum Rookie

Post by grandpa »

Didn't have to mess with the security setting which is a good thing because I'm a total klutz when it comes to computers, and wouldn't know how to do it.. I was able to delete the earlier program, and then the updated one installed. It seems the existing program has to be deleted first.

Imelda
Forum Newbie

Post by Imelda »

I'm having the same problem.  I have downloaded the Flash Player, and get a message saying that the installation was successful.  I changed the security setting.  I have done everything I know and still cannot play any games.  It is interesting to me that this never happened until I became a Gold member.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Imelda, what games are you trying that will not play? Do you just get a blank screen or a message?

Imelda
Forum Newbie

Post by Imelda »

It was happening with all of the games.  Finally, I went to the Adobe troubleshooting site.  I had to uninstall the old Flash and install the new, and then do some other stuff that is apparently related to my ISP's firewall.  I think the problem is with Adobe.  Anyway, after about 2 hours, I was able to get the games to load.  Thank you.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Good to hear, Imelda. We've had a few people experience problems with the flash player in the past. Sometimes it will auto-update, or get interrupted during an update and be corrupted. I'm glad you were able to resolve the problem.