Freezing Quick Quad contest

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Patten
Forum Newbie

Freezing Quick Quad contest

Post by Patten »

When I am playing the contest Quick Quad Poker and am dealt a Quick Quad, the game freezes.  This has happened the last three times I was dealt the Quads.  I have left the game on for over half an hour in the hopes it would unfreeze like it used to do; however it no longer releases. I use the number pad to play. Any suggestions?

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Patten, Welcome to VP forum! I use c-m and space bar on key pad to play quick quads thanks to MikeA's much earlier post info. If I pause or leave for a few minutes, it is sometimes necessary for me to use the mouse to deal and return to my game. The key pad does nothing until I use the mouse to unfreeze. My game is still at the same position. Perhaps this freeze happens when I am off game for a little longer period of time. I doubt the game would ever come back usable without using the mouse. I need no solution because I figured this one out by trial and error. Hope this helps and not sure if this is the same issue.    Happy long labor day weekend to all! 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Patten, what type of system are you on? PC? Mac? What browser are you using? This sounds like a problem with the flash player or possibly a low memory issue.

Patten
Forum Newbie

Post by Patten »

Hi.  I have a pc and use AOL DSL.  I have a separate drive for additional memory.  I did try the space bar based on a previously posted reply.  I was dealt quads again last night and it still froze again.  I left it on all night and nothing changed.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Does the program freeze on a normal Quick Quad as well or only a dealt one? This is a very strange error that doesn't seem to be experienced by anyone else. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I remember a problem back in the early days of QQs where the sound being on or off led to problems. Could this be something similar?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Good question, shadowman. Patten, have you been playing with the sound muted on the interface, or with the sound effects?