Taj Trip Report Presidents Weekend

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Taj Trip Report Presidents Weekend

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

I asked this elderly man that I always see playing VP how he was doing and he said "Im winning but Im losing" and that is the quote for this past weekend. Since our winning trip last time playing JW STP we were really hooked on it. I got 2 five of a kinds and my husband got one and we gave it all back plus some of last weeks winnings. That JW can be a killer! You may get more 4000 coin wins than at DDB but you get many more losing hands. I also think that with the more losing hands you get less advantage out of the multiplier. Also if you have a machine that just doesnt give staight flushes (which I had for most of Saturday) you are in big trouble. I did make the Maharajah club this weekend, and thats the only good thing LOL Dont get me wrong we had a great time but we should have cut our losses earlier than we did. But hey, thats gambling!
Barb

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

Barb,

Congrats on making Maharajah!!   Sorry that the end of the trip didn't go so well.  I have the same issue when I play JW.  I hit the 5 of a kind and then end up putting too much back into it.  You hit the nail in the coffin with the straight flush thing too.. if you don't get a few of those along the way, you're in for a losing session for sure..

My fiance and I had a mini-trip to Tropicana yesterday.  We each took a few hundred with us to play and did rather well (at least she did.. LOL)  For some reason I felt like playing the 25-cent Triple Bonus Poker and with one $20 bill I cashed out at $325!  On my 4th hand I hit four 7's, then not even 10 hands later I got dealt a junk hand and ended up drawing four 4's with a complete re-draw for 600 coins.  Now this is the strange part.. about 25 or so hands later, it DEALS me four 4's.. LOL  Now THAT is a lucky session! 

We played a few penny slots too, and did rather well on them.  I played this one called 50 Lions.  I got the bonus round and ended up winning $100.  My fiance won $80 on that one as well.  We dabbled in some other slots too, adding a few more wins to the tally.

My fiance spent most of her time playing the 5-hand joker poker nickel progressive machines.  She hit THREE 5 of a kinds in 3 hours time and got dealt 4 aces 2 times.  (The 5 aces on the deal is the progressive, which last night was about $29,500.. oh well..) 

Then we went to the buffet for supper and had a nice meal and we were going to go home.. well at least we SHOULD have..  We ended up staying there about 4 hours more and got killed at the machines.  I played STP for a bit and thankfully I finally hit a 4oak on joker poker on an 8X multiplier on 2 hands to win $320 (I had about $400 in...)  My fiance kept playing the 5-hand nickel progressive with no luck after we ate.

All in all, we ended up leaving about $300 ahead, which is still pretty good, but we were up nearly $1000 before we ate...

Mike

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Mike,
Leaving ahead even $! is great!! That Joker Poker really sucks you in!! You dont even realise how much you are giving back unless u are paying close attention. I think the number of nonwinning hands is just a killer especially if you keep getting them with the multiplier. Drags you right down but its such an exciting game and I like the fact I have to think about the hand. Im going to practise and see if i can bring my % up to a tolerable level! Have you played DW on the VPFW? Did you know it tells you to throw away a pair????? I find that hard to believe!!! Sorry your fiance couldnt hit the progressive-those dealt 4Aces must have given her heart a little jolt! LOL Believe it or not we are going back Saturday (gluttons gor punishment) to give back the rest of our winnings! LOL
Barb

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Did you know it tells you to throw away a pair????? I find that hard to believe!!!

Believe it. Deuces wild games that pay more for 4K than for FH are played this way. If 4K and FH pay the same, keep two pair.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

WOW Ive been playing it wrong all this time! GEEZ!