vp tournament advice anyone?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
shadowman
Video Poker Master

Re: vp tournament advice anyone?

Post by shadowman »

My strategy is simple for these tourneys..  always go for the highest payout possible.  If I am dealt a full house, I break it and go for the 5 of a kind. (BTW, one of my 5 of a kind hits in the tourney was from a broken full house..)  I will break a pat flush to go for a 3-card straight flush (once again, worked for me there, too..) 

Mike

Smart play. In tournaments where speed is not the most significant factor and the game is quite volatile, you always need a big jackpot to cash. It makes no sense to go for small hands.

I played in a DDB tournament a Sam's Town a couple of times and although I always went for the big hands I never succeeded in hitting them. However, the few additional credits I would have won by keeping two pair instead of going for 4K, etc. would have made absolutely no difference.

njmike37

Post by njmike37 »

shadowman,

I almost forgot, I saw many people keeping dealt 2-pairs and going for the full houses.  Why people want to go for hands like that I have no idea.. I toss one pair and hope for the best.

You're right about those little additional credits.. they mean pretty much nothing when you're looking at the big picture in tournaments. 

Mike

bigboy

Post by bigboy »

Mohegan Sun ran a v.p. tournament about 6months ago. Don't know if they will be doing more.