member vs non member

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
doris13
Video Poker Master

member vs non member

Post by doris13 »

i thought it was funny to see badger say in the chat what i was thinking.he said he just became a gold member because he wanted to see if non members could actually win.when i see the top score is 53,000 and mt highest score is 8,145 i begin to wonder.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The game application is exactly the same for Gold members and Free members.Of the current Top Ten scores, only two are Gold members and the leader is not.We post the best hands that the top 100 scores hit after each contest. I think you will see that everyone has the same odds of hitting those great hands but people overlook how many players are playing and how lucky you have to get to hit such a great score.It's easy to look at those amazing top scores and get discouraged, but your best score is nothing to be ashamed of. It's better than a lot of other people's best scores in fact. Anything over 6,000 in this contest is very good. Remember there are thousands of participants here. The current leader hit a 12x Royal flush for 48,000 and also 4 aces in their session. That's an incredibly rare hit in this game. Like I said, they aren't a Gold member either. They just had the right cards at the right time and made the best play for the moment.Keep trying, you could be next. While we offer some great features for
Gold members throughout the year, the odds of winning are just as good
during the contests as free members.

damule
VP Veteran

Post by damule »

Would like to comment that on the two current high scores that both players made incorrect plays and have the high scores regardless. The top player's 3rd highest hand for that session held a full house with aces over when the correct play for DDB is to just hold the aces. And with the second highest score this player held a straight flush made up of three deuces when the correct play is to just hold the deuces.
     Maybe different strategies for the multipliers; the wrong plays nonetheless. However, these players are sitting 1st and 2nd currently with scores over 53k...my high score is only about 9k and I've probably tried several dozen times already. So what do I know .

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

Would like to comment that on the two current high scores that both players made incorrect plays and have the high scores regardless. The top player's 3rd highest hand for that session held a full house with aces over when the correct play for DDB is to just hold the aces. And with the second highest score this player held a straight flush made up of three deuces when the correct play is to just hold the deuces.  

You didn't mention that the player holding the FH with Aces passed up a chance to win a prize for hitting Aces with a 12x, which was my first thought when I saw that.

They would be good plays in a situation where a player is getting down to the last few hands in a session and needs just a few points to snag that #1 ranking.

If either player reads this I hope you don't think I'm criticizing.  Congrats on the great scores!

vidopoker

Post by vidopoker »

my highest round is 14.260. i have noticed, however, that whenever i get the 12x multiplier, i hit nothing!!

vidopoker

Post by vidopoker »

damule, i finally started adjusting my play around the multipliers. i keep drawing to inside straights and flushes just to get the high multipliers. there is no other way to get one of the highest scores unless you hit something big with 8,10, or 12x bonus. of course, when i finally get that nice multiplier, it usually is a pair or something like that.

it kinds of reminds me of adjusting play like in the blackjack tournaments i've seen on tv. you see them double on a hard 19 a few hands before the end to try to get ahead.