user name

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
cddenver
Video Poker Master

Re: user name

Post by cddenver »

made the meatloaf for wm, and problem fixed!

Harumphh.  He'll only take cold, hard, cash from me. 

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

CD, Thanks for the info.  Was just trying to get it to stop.  Though I think I'll live. Short enough?

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

CD, Thanks for the info.  Was just trying to get it to stop.  Though I think I'll live. Short enough?

Actually, not nearly long enough.  I spent more time cringing before clicking on the new post than it took to read it. 

I've been getting that "User name taken" message now and again since the chat feature was added.  I just assumed that it was some problem on my end so I haven't mentioned it.

For WM:  I don't know if this helps, but in my case that message comes up only when a game is loading.  It's never come up once I've started playing.  Doesn't seem to matter what game I load.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

This does not seem to be a very useful error message for anyone, so why have it at all?

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

This does not seem to be a very useful error message for anyone, so why have it at all? These are the sneaky ploys used by Webman to keep those who actually read the messages on our toes. Those who just look at them are non applicable anyways. Could also be a trick to get you to change your username to VP oldtimer instead. This, of course, does not apply to that fella up there in Denver. 

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

This does not seem to be a very useful error message for anyone, so why have it at all?

That darn Cat guy seems to think it's just there to twick the old-timers. 

My late-night logic has me thinking there's some problem in the chat software with users sometimes not being logged out from a previous session.  The message and following shutdown of the chat function could be a temporary expedient of some sort to keep a game from crashing until a fix is implemented.  Or it could simply be there to twick the old-timers.

Not bad logic for 12:30 AM, I think.    I'll probably read it later this AM after some sleep and delete it. 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

This error is built into the chat application and I'm trying to find a way to remove it. What it means is that you are either logged into another chat window, or the previous chat did not close properly. It seems to not record "Leaving" the chat sometimes when you leave the page and we're working on that.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

This error is built into the chat application and I'm trying to find a way to remove it. What it means is that you are either logged into another chat window, or the previous chat did not close properly. It seems to not record "Leaving" the chat sometimes when you leave the page and we're working on that.
In the meantime, would it be possible to go in and simply change the variables that relate to a single user (for example me), so that that user could use the chat window and see who else is playing the game?If possible, thanks, I would appreciate it!