Venetian/Palazzo - tax refund check = free play!

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
lakeboy
Forum Rookie

Re: Venetian/Palazzo - tax refund check = free play!

Post by lakeboy »

Thanks for the information.Is there anyone out there that has used the IRS check cashing promotion?Must credits all be used at one machine at one setting?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Once you play out the hand the cost of the hand is refunded back to your machine credits and you play down the slot credit. At first it was kinda wierd watching the credit meter run back up even if I didn't win anything on the play.

I think this is how it worked at GVR when I cashed in my first $10 or so in slot play for joining the players club or reaching the first level or whatever it was. You played your own money, then it reloaded with the "free play." You also couldn't use it on the full pay machines, which was weird. And the error was not descriptive at all... it took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working and that I had to play it in on another machine. I forget what it said now.

It seemed really awkward at the time but only because I wasn't used to it. And it was short-lived since it was a small amount.
Is there anyone out there that has used the IRS check cashing promotion?

Must credits all be used at one machine at one setting?

I hope to hear more details soon also. I doubt there is any requirement like one machine and one sitting. There certainly might be an expiration though.

vidopoker

Post by vidopoker »

I'll see if i can get more information on Friday when I am there.  (...if I remember!!)

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Well, figured out my taxes. I guess I was smarter than I thought with withholdings. Drat. That means very little return, and I won't be cashing in this offer.

Deloradeuces18
Forum Regular

Post by Deloradeuces18 »

I'm not sure you could pay me to play at the Palazzo. The video poker selection there is terrible. I don't go there at all (even to dine) as a result. That's the great thing about Vegas. Always another option around the corner.

luigi1

Post by luigi1 »

I had great luck at the Palazzo, hit two 4 aces with kicker within a half an hour, luckily I was playing dollars.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Great hits no doubt but you failed to mention that you were playing a less than 95% DDB game at dollars denom. Only luck or rock around the block wll save your short term bankroll.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Maybe pianoman was pounding out "crocodile rock" on the black and whites in the background. Don't forget he got $12.25 in tips one night when he sat down at the keys in some joint out in Las Vegas.

luigi1

Post by luigi1 »

I am not sure how I would calculate the percentage payout EDC1977. It was a 9/5 payout game. I guess it was my night.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Luigi, Calculation for many common games isn't hard if you're in this forum and you know the full house/flush payoffs (you need to know different payoffs for wild card games).  Copy this down if you can't remember 3 clicks.  Click on Inside Scoop, click on Pay Tables, then click on Double Double Bonus Poker.  You'll see your game at 97.87% under 9/5.  Then click on your browser's back button 3 times and you will be back in the forum soaking up all the good info here.