Most Updated VP guide book?

Discuss video poker programs for the home user
Hoobastar
Forum Newbie

Most Updated VP guide book?

Post by Hoobastar »

Hello everyone,

I know this is not exactly an topic about Vp software. But i think this is the best place to bring it up. I'm wondering just which book have the most updated strategy of playing VP? i purchase the linda Boyd book online and waiting for it to ship. However some review said that book is a little outdated. Is that true? Are there some other new strategy book that are more up to date?

Thank you

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

There is a fairly new book titled "video poker for the intelligent beginner" by Bob Dancer. It along with Jean Scotts "frugal video poker" are pretty good starters. They'll teach you good strategy and proper holds for most all the popular games. I believe you can read a sample of each at their respective websites, then you can decide for yourself.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I have Linda's book and I don't think it is out of date on the important information. In fact, the information about state regulations is probably not covered in any other book and that is what will become out of date over time.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

I have Linda's book and I don't think it is out of date on the important information. In fact, the information about state regulations is probably not covered in any other book and that is what will become out of date over time.

Her book also has a list of links to state government gaming sites, which I like.  It's a good book that I think is geared more towards "newbies" in that a lot of it is devoted to basic gaming concepts, but it does have good strategy plays, and lots of interesting tidbits.  I liked the section on VLTs.